The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Koalagate
Nah, they were great...it's just that they were much too great at their jobs for mine and a couple of friend's likings. :biggrin: We wanted to visit ChCh and we thought that we might be able to just walk in as you could at all the colleges we were at. However, that didn't work. Neither did pretending to have a friend inside the college.

In the end we pretended we had interviews in there and even then they questioned us about what time we had them. (Very surprised at this; was the accommodation not inside the college main site or something?)

Not gonna lie, the whole saga was more stressful than the actual interviews. :colondollar:

I think they know all of their existing students by sight and they are really used to all the tricks people try! :smile: I think it will be lovely to be "known" by the porters, they seem like really nice people.
Reply 181
Original post by gainsbourg
Haha, yes I remember!

I'm from North Yorkshire; and you?

Yes! Somebody else from Yorkshire! :biggrin:
Original post by tooambitious
Huh, maybe they got stricter in the second week of interviews because my friends walked in and out as they pleased (with or without me :lol:), it was also obvious they weren't candidates because thy asked for blue boat instead of blue boar (my phone auto corrected the text :rofl:)

Yeah, the accommodation was on the main site.

Ah, fail...maybe they did. :tongue: ChCh is rather special for its visitation appeal, after all - I expect they had such large numbers of people trying to sneak in that they couldn't simply just accommodate it like other colleges.
Original post by Emm@
Well done everyone! :biggrin:

I got an offer for Chemistry at St Edmund Hall, super excited!
Anyone else got offers from Chem or SEH? :smile:

Congrats! Chemistry at Exeter :biggrin:
I felt like nearly everyone at interviews was from the south :tongue:
Original post by extons
Well done everyone, we made it! Would be great to make some friends before going down in October. :smile:

:ahee:
Reply 186
Original post by PhoenixSeeker
Congrats! Chemistry at Exeter :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: Congrats to you too!
PPE at University College!! soo surprised haha

congrats to everyone!! :biggrin:
Reply 188
Original post by berryripple
I felt like nearly everyone at interviews was from the south :tongue:

So did I! :L Being a true northerner, I felt a little outnumbered :tongue:
Original post by Koalagate
Ah, fail...maybe they did. :tongue: ChCh is rather special for its visitation appeal, after all - I expect they had such large numbers of people trying to sneak in that they couldn't simply just accommodate it like other colleges.
Christ Church charges rather a lot for entry (£7 for adults, £5.50 for concessions), so I guess to protect their money-making abilities they don't want people to be able to just wander in...

In general, if you look confident, they won't question you. But if you clearly hesitate, they will.
Reply 190
outa curiosity how many E&M ers do we have on here again? Sorry i think rlscope already asked this but i lost count... or well didnt really count to begin with and dnt really want to go over all 10 pages again :biggrin:

Im E&M at Keble myself :smile:

look forward to meeting you all! :biggrin:
Reply 191
Hey, congrats on the offer, seems like the sessions at your school helped :smile:, was just wondering how the others did offer wise? Especially the girls J and M :smile:

Thanks, I'm not sure about the sessions though. My econ interview was entirely maths so I kind of felt that much of my reading was in vain. But the teachers running the sessions were really enthusiastic which was good, even if they were a little annoyed at me for not picking the subject at A Level.

As for the other applicants M was rejected from Oxford and J despite being dept head girl and perfect on paper was rejected from Cambridge. Only me and K (smallish, indian) were accepted.

Anyway, congrats yourself. Christchurch is just across the road from Oriel (rather dominates the landscape) maybe you can pop across and say hello in freshers week!
Reply 192
Heyy, I'm Chemistry at Keble, any other Keblers? And congrats everyone!
Reply 193
The first question in one of my interviews was something we went through in the sessions :awesome: made me more confident for the rest of it. I agree though, much of my reading feels pointless and yes, your teachers were quite a bit more enthusiastic than mine :tongue:
That's such a shame :frown:, what was K applying for? I think I know who you're referring to.

He applied for Econ and Management. I think at LMH or St Hildas. One of the newer colleges
Original post by anna48
Heyy, I'm Chemistry at Keble, any other Keblers? And congrats everyone!

I'm a Kebler! Well done

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tjf8
Anyone for English or Corpus Christi? Or both? :biggrin:

PPE at Corpus all the way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 196
Original post by jessleaoconnell
I'm a Kebler! Well done

Woohoo, well done! What course?
Reply 197
Original post by gainsbourg
Haha, yes I remember!

I'm from North Yorkshire; and you?

Lool not hard to miss :P
South London, were you ginger (and a girl)? Or were you a blonde girl with glasses?
Haha this will sound so smarmy (but I think we are entitled a little bit) would successful applicants get feedback? I'm just dead curious as to what they saw in me because I can't see it!

Original post by anna48
Woohoo, well done! What course?

Theology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending