The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haroon77
To all Oxford offerholders, if you had an offer from Cambridge would you accept it ?

Nah, need my philosophy fix

(also lol, I can't do STEP)
Original post by pak1994
I spent today in Primark, Ikea and an American sized ASDA with my best friend... we're so cool.

Do you mean if I also had my Oxford offer? Of course not, Oxford is way better :wink:

Hey, at least you went out. I would count that as being pretty cool in itself (I haven't changed out of pyjamas for about a week). I thought our local store was quite large - how big is American sized, exactly? :biggrin:

Agreed.
Original post by Koalagate
Hey, at least you went out. I would count that as being pretty cool in itself (I haven't changed out of pyjamas for about a week). I thought our local store was quite large - how big is American sized, exactly? :biggrin:

Agreed.

I guess, it is the first time I've been out. Very huge, there are over 60 aisles! It is longer in length than the IKEA.
Reply 1983
I feel like I should be being a lot more productive this Easter :') yet I've somehow stumbled onto student room...hmmm
Reply 1984
Revision can take a back burner for now. The mission to watch all episodes of Community by the end of Easter is much, much more important.
Original post by Jazzeh
Revision can take a back burner for now. The mission to watch all episodes of Community by the end of Easter is much, much more important.

Respect for Community! I've been working my way through...who needs exam results anyway :rolleyes:
I was going to do the same...then I looked at the time. It's not too late, but how has another day gone? Time slips by scarily fast!

:hello: Yes, I have one for PPE. I don't think I've come across another open offer holder on here for months now! What subject is yours for?

Biology can't wait:smile: wish I knew which college I was going into though ...my second interview was at St Anne's and I really loved it there so I hope they give me a place...do you know if we're more likely to get taken on by a college we interviewed at or is it just random??
Reply 1987
Original post by neutralmilks
Respect for Community! I've been working my way through...who needs exam results anyway :rolleyes:

It's terrific. Having an addictive personality is awesome too, means I can just watch one after the other with no guilt.

Exam, shmam. If we fail then we can just go to Greendale. :wink:
Original post by Jazzeh
It's terrific. Having an addictive personality is awesome too, means I can just watch one after the other with no guilt.

More Community love? :biggrin: Woo!

After today I shall have finished revising FP2, FP3 and M4, so hooray. M5 over the weekend, then I need to learn me some Greek... I may have to ignore stats. What a shame.
Original post by Olivia Sullivan
Biology can't wait:smile: wish I knew which college I was going into though ...my second interview was at St Anne's and I really loved it there so I hope they give me a place...do you know if we're more likely to get taken on by a college we interviewed at or is it just random??

I agree; not knowing the college is kind of exciting, but the novelty is really wearing off. It sucks that we'll have to wait until August to find out as we can't start budgeting or anything.

I have no idea, but I hope so too because I loved both the colleges I was interviewed at (Balliol and Brasenose). :s-smilie: Which is your underwriting college? I've heard that you're more likely to end up at that one by a very small amount, but I'm not sure whether that's true or not. I think it is mostly just random.
Reply 1990
I agree; not knowing the college is kind of exciting, but the novelty is really wearing off. It sucks that we'll have to wait until August to find out as we can't start budgeting or anything.

I have no idea, but I hope so too because I loved both the colleges I was interviewed at (Balliol and Brasenose). :s-smilie: Which is your underwriting college? I've heard that you're more likely to end up at that one by a very small amount, but I'm not sure whether that's true or not. I think it is mostly just random.

You will love whatever college you end up at. To be honest, very few people dislike the college they get interviewed at so don't worry too much about it.
Original post by Jazzeh

Hahaha they made a website for Greendale and it has an Admissions section...it says "Remember, you're already accepted!" Sounds appealing right now...
Original post by Noble.
You will love whatever college you end up at. To be honest, very few people dislike the college they get interviewed at so don't worry too much about it.

True! I'm not worried about that at all, really - it's the not knowing that gets me. I have a hobby of Googling things to death and without a definite college, I have nothing to attach myself to other than the colleges I got interviewed at. (God I know, such terrible #firstworldproblems xD)

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to having the best, craziest and most extensive research spree of my life in August...:colone:
You are all making me feel guilty for not revising yet :colondollar:
Original post by berryripple
You are all making me feel guilty for not revising yet :colondollar:

I argued with someone on Facebook the other day. I told myself that it counted as revision for Critical Thinking. :wink:
*awkward silence* :K:
Reply 1996
Original post by BlamelessJak
*awkward silence* :K:

If you hadn't posted, the next post would've been in August :lol:

Seriously, some of you won't receive even spam email from your college until then.
How much revision have people done so far? How much do you revise a day?

EDIT: Also, reading this made me laugh: https://www.facebook.com/groups/260138844601/
I hope I don't end up like some of these people...
(edited 11 years ago)
Done about 4 hours revision in total over the entire holiday. Told myself that I was going to finish my coursework today. Just got the hobbit through the post, I don't think I'm going to do any work today:redface:
Original post by tjf8
How much revision have people done so far? How much do you revise a day?

EDIT: Also, reading this made me laugh: https://www.facebook.com/groups/260138844601/
I hope I don't end up like some of these people...

I've done nothing apart from read a book, attempting to get the coursework done today :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending