The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by nulli tertius
Are you supposed to encourage academics to have affairs or to try to put a stop to them? :confused:

I'm sure there are folks out there who would try to use it as a defence - 'what are you insinuating?! My interest in him/her is purely academic, of course!...' I reckon that might make the other person think again though...
Original post by HelgiCM
I'm sure there are folks out there who would try to use it as a defence - 'what are you insinuating?! My interest in him/her is purely academic, of course!...' I reckon that might make the other person think again though...

From experience at my local University and studying Classical Civilization, I believe the Classicists are most likely to be sex-pests :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 582
Original post by SecretGarden
WAHOO!
dreamed off the day I could write WAHHOOO on the OXFORD STUDENT ROOM FORUM!
Anyone got an offer from Exeter college? Or any unconditional offers i.e. gap year students?

Also, does anyone know if this is true- my friend said she had heard that, at Oxford, we aren't allowed a job as we have to focus on academics. I don't mind, of course, but it would be nice to have some money coming in!

I've got an unconditional offer as I'm currently taking a gap year - so the pressure's off exam-wise, but since it's an open offer I won't know which college will take me on until all the current A-level students' results are out in August! :s-smilie:
Reply 583
I don't care what they call us - keblings/keblites/keblians - just as long as we get there ahaha
Reply 584
How much are we allowed to decorate our rooms? :smile: Like, bed spread, pictures, curtains? I wanna make it feel like my own, since I'll be living at the uni for three years! :biggrin:
I am from India and got a conditional offer (subject to class XII results). Anyone else from India?
Reply 586
Original post by SoNottingH
I like "Keblings". Any takers?

Makes us sound rich and is a very easy word to say. Keble is so flexible. :cool:
So, I'm from America and have received an unconditional offer for Engineering from Pembroke.
What do I do now? Do I have to graduate high school? I honestly have no idea how unconditionals work, because conditionals imply a reaffirmation of academic responsibility, while unconditionals seem to completely dissolve said responsibility.
Original post by solidarity
I have a PPE offer from Balliol too! Interviews went so badly though!

Did you interview by Skype or go there? If you went there, I may have met you?

Yeah I went there :smile: name is kathryn- tall dark hair!
Original post by waver.chan
So, I'm from America and have received an unconditional offer for Engineering from Pembroke.
What do I do now? Do I have to graduate high school? I honestly have no idea how unconditionals work, because conditionals imply a reaffirmation of academic responsibility, while unconditionals seem to completely dissolve said responsibility.

You don't have to, but I think it'd be a good idea if you did. It would sound weird if you said that you studied from Oxford, but you didn't graduate high school :P
Original post by Koalagate
Hello! You're in good company; kpritchx and usmom's son have both got Balliol PPE offers and I have an open offer for the same. Have we met at interviews or did you have yours on Skype? :smile:

I was hoping to come to interviews, but Australia to Oxford is about 24 hours flying each way, and I was competing at the national model united nations at the time. But skype was scary enough for me anyway! I spent the whole time worrying that my connection would crash and I'd miss the interview.
Original post by zcbl1
I'm Keble/Italian and linguistics but I am from Aus! You?

A fellow Aussie! I'm from Melbourne but have recently moved to Dubai. Still an Australian though! Where are you from?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 592
I wonder, how hard is it for an international student to get a job in the UK after uni? Cos i heard its really difficult so I'm seriously considering doing grad studies elsewhere or simply return to my home country (tho will prob be hard to find a job based on the course I chose-earthsci)
Original post by samloveshistory
History at Keble, anyone? Or any Kebelians at all, for that matter? (I've seen 'Kebelites' but decided 'Kebelian' was way cooler.)

I've got an offer for History and Politics at Keble. It wasn't my original college choice, I had my first interviews at Wadham then got sent to Keble the next day. I didn't look round it at all (even though they suggested that I should at the end of the interview) because I thought it had gone really badly!
What did you think of the atmosphere there?
Original post by rlscope
How much are we allowed to decorate our rooms? :smile: Like, bed spread, pictures, curtains? I wanna make it feel like my own, since I'll be living at the uni for three years! :biggrin:

I want at least one genuine Gustav Klimt in my room. Plus some things that I'm not just imagining.
Reply 595
So... how is a pirate gonna survive oxford? is it even possible?
Original post by Jazzeh
Makes us sound rich and is a very easy word to say. Keble is so flexible. :cool:

I think Keblings sounds a little Tolkien or something like that, so it's appealing. I think of all the old colleges as being somewhere between Harry Potter-land, Middle Earth and His Dark Materials. Anything that seems to fit with those makes me smile.
Reply 597
Original post by broomgrove1
I've got an offer for History and Politics at Keble. It wasn't my original college choice, I had my first interviews at Wadham then got sent to Keble the next day. I didn't look round it at all (even though they suggested that I should at the end of the interview) because I thought it had gone really badly!
What did you think of the atmosphere there?

I interviewed at Keble, and I absolutely loved it!! I got so attached, I was gutted afterwards cause Ithought the interviews were terrible and that I would never be going back, so I'm really happy to get an offer from there!

I like the fact that the college is relatively large in terms of the number of students, and I've heard that the bar is really great and is the hub of all the social activities. The JCR was also really nice, and had lots of facilities - big tv, pool table, table football, table tennis, and quiz machines - which was much more than any of the other colleges where my friends were staying that I went to look round.

Everyone was really friendly and open - both the interviewees and the first year students - and I think there's a real social atmosphere there.

The accommodation is also of a good standard, with most of the rooms having ensuites or sharing a bathroom between 2 people, and some of them having double beds.

Finally I know that Keble is really big on both sports and drama, and also music to a slightly lesser extent, so there's always gonna be something to do there to meet lots of people. :smile:

Basically I'm just really excited woooo fist pump, KEBLE! KEBLE! KEBLE!
Reply 598
Nice of them to go to the trouble of predicting my sons degree grade....

StHughs.jpg
I'm a Keble theologian. Any more theologians out there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending