The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by fluteflute
Haha things used to be different! She changed course and they had to send her to a different college because there wasn't space.

Yeah I know and I was joking about that... Look I honestly don't know why they gave me an unconditional, but I think it's more unlikely that it was a mistake... Just saying...
Original post by naylori
Yeah I know and I was joking about that... Look I honestly don't know why they gave me an unconditional, but I think it's more unlikely that it was a mistake... Just saying...
That's fair enough, after all, they did give it to you! Next October ask your tutors and get back to us :biggrin:

Original post by naylori
Well there's SoNottingH (whatever her name was), and all the professors my parents have mentioned it to (we live in Ox so we know quite a few) seemed impressed but didn't seem to think it was a mistake or anything...

Original post by naylori
Well there's SoNottingH.
Tis true. Congratulations to you both!
Just popping in to thank the anonymous future biologist who personal repped me :h:
That's fair enough, after all, they did give it to you! Next October ask your tutors and get back to us :biggrin:

Tis true. Congratulations to you both!

Awww, thanks. :smile: I asked my father (who went to Balliol and taught at Oxford for some years) and he tells me that my initial (very high) A Level points from last year will have been a factor but not the only factor, he says I must have pleased them a lot at the interview, which is fairly mind-boggling given that to me the interview felt like I mostly just exchanged a lot of jokes with them and answered with what felt to me like some rather tendentious points.
Reply 784

Haha, I will! :wink:
Reply 785
Can't sleep! Just found out I'm given an unconditional (gap year) for Biological Sciences at Queen's!
Reply 786
Original post by Arva
:rofl:

:hugs: I will try, all hope is not lost yet. Maybe in time I will be able to accept who you really are. :wink:

Awwwww yay! :biggrin: Someone who loves me for me, I've never had that before. My life has been sad and miserable and all a lie.
Reply 787
Original post by gfaust
You're not alone! I HATE malteasers (and the similar sweet in the US, whoppers). Gives me a headache just thinking about them. :pinch:

Oh good! I swear most people think it's impossible to dislike them, but they're just too full of **** for my liking.
Original post by naylori
Well there's SoNottingH (whatever her name was), and all the professors my parents have mentioned it to (we live in Ox so we know quite a few) seemed impressed but didn't seem to think it was a mistake or anything...

my apologies, i was under the impression she was a gap year student
Reply 789
Original post by rlscope
Awwwww yay! :biggrin: Someone who loves me for me, I've never had that before. My life has been sad and miserable and all a lie.

:biggrin: No more lies.

Wait, love? Don't get ahead of yourself here :wink:

Aha I think we may go even more insane over the huuuuuge wait we still have before we start. :tongue:
I know this is really rude but it's been bugging me... nobody on this thread can spell 'maltesers'. It isn't 'malteasers'

:colonhash:

:getmecoat:
Original post by tooambitious
my apologies, i was under the impression she was a gap year student

Nooo, "she" isn't, although I wouldn't mind doing a gap personally, my parents pressed me to go in this year. Now I'm glad they did! :biggrin:
Original post by berryripple
I know this is really rude but it's been bugging me... nobody on this thread can spell 'maltesers'. It isn't 'malteasers'

God, you're so right, I never even realised! I just checked. It's true.

They are quite nice chilled. My best friend at school eats them with breakfast cereal.
Reply 793

>Says nobody on the thread can spell 'maltesers'

>Correctly spells 'maltesers' in the thread.

>Incorrect statement

:teehee:

in the cambridge pool thread, many people said 'fishes' i didnt say anything, because i thught it was tactless, considering their awful situation, but now, somewhere i can vent :tongue: :wink:
Reply 795
in the cambridge pool thread, many people said 'fishes' i didnt say anything, because i thught it was tactless, considering their awful situation, but now, somewhere i can vent :tongue: :wink:

Both fish and fishes are acceptable plural forms, actually :tongue:
Reply 796
Original post by Arva
:biggrin: No more lies.

Wait, love? Don't get ahead of yourself here :wink:

Aha I think we may go even more insane over the huuuuuge wait we still have before we start. :tongue:

Hahaha in case you didn't notice, I was kidding :P my life isn't exactly a big sad lie haha!

I was worried it was earlier today though. Got an email from Keble, and I was like OMG THEY'RE MAILING ME TO TELL ME THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND THAT THEY DON'T WANT ME. :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by Arva
Both fish and fishes are acceptable plural forms, actually :tongue:

i thought fishes was only used when referring to different species of fish :dontknow: i suppose one could put the case that their being pooled by different colleges would make them different species though
Reply 798

Oops sorry. I don't like them so I don't sea the packets very often, that's my excuse. :wink:
Original post by rlscope
Oops sorry. I don't like them so I don't sea the packets very often, that's my excuse. :wink:

pelican.jpg

i dont like them either though, the chocolate that is, not fish :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending