The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluteflute
Err you can't delete followers...

You can block people can't you?
Original post by fluteflute
Err you can't delete followers...

Errr you can when they only request to follow you and you somehow break your Twitter...

Also guys, keep following!! Got a contest with my friend to see who can get the most with G&Ds as a prize It'd be great to spread the word! :h:
Original post by such_a_lady
Errr you can when they only request to follow you and you somehow break your Twitter...

Also guys, keep following!! Got a contest with my friend to see who can get the most with G&Ds as a prize It'd be great to spread the word! :h:

Will do!
Woo! No more exams till June! :woo:
Original post by Cellar Door
Woo! No more exams till June! :woo:

Congrats, no fun for me with useless mocks next week. Buzzing for some 2 hour German History exam #hype

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1185
Edit: deleted
Hmmmm... Not sure if I adore Arsey's solutions on here or if they just cause me ludicrous amounts of grief :s-smilie:

I need 86% in C4 to get an A* in Maths and judging from his answers and what I remember of mine, I got something between 85% and 90%...

However M3 looks like it went quite well! I'm fairly sure I got 90+% :biggrin:

Although this could mean that I've potentially got the A*A* part of my A*A*A offer :ahee:
Reply 1187
Hmmmm... Not sure if I adore Arsey's solutions on here or if they just cause me ludicrous amounts of grief :s-smilie:

I need 86% in C4 to get an A* in Maths and judging from his answers and what I remember of mine, I got something between 85% and 90%...

However M3 looks like it went quite well! I'm fairly sure I got 90+% :biggrin:

Although this could mean that I've potentially got the A*A* part of my A*A*A offer :ahee:

:dance: You can do it!
Original post by Arva
:dance: You can do it!

Have you had Jan exams?
Reply 1189

Have you had Jan exams?

A few. :yes: Last one tomorrow though!
Original post by Magdolinska
I see no people with offers from New College. Where are you hiding??? I've on offer for Law. :biggrin: I seriously can't believe it yet, I need to have this letter in my hand to believe it fully.

Hi :biggrin:
I think I talked to you on the other thread because you are from Poland :smile:. I got an offer for EP from New College!!! That means that as long as I get my grades I might see you in October.
Original post by Arva
A few. :yes: Last one tomorrow though!

Woo!

Good luck :tongue:

I finally have my physical acceptance letter now after it got lost in the post and it is pinned to my wall next to my desk. MOTIVATION!
Vaguely keeping up with #OxTweet and that workload definitely doesn't look appealing...
Original post by okonomiyaki
Vaguely keeping up with #OxTweet and that workload definitely doesn't look appealing...

Agreed, saw Oxfordlinguist's all nighter! :tongue:
Original post by Invisiblehime
First of all, congrats to everyone who got an offer! Well done! Anybody here with an offer from Somerville college? Or a future Experimental Psychologist? As for the questions about UCAS track, it takes some time for the offer to show up there, so don't worry, it's all real :biggrin: That doesn't mean i'm not impatient to see the update! :smile:

Woo for EP. I actually had my second interview at Sommerville, but New accepted me anyway. My friend has an offer from Sommerville for Biology, so who knows, we may meet in the future.
Original post by okonomiyaki

Original post by berryripple
Agreed, saw Oxfordlinguist's all nighter! :tongue:

Too late for you now :colone:
Original post by pak1994
Woo for EP. I actually had my second interview at Sommerville, but New accepted me anyway. My friend has an offer from Sommerville for Biology, so who knows, we may meet in the future.

Ah cool! What did you think of your Somerville interview? And was New your college of choice?
Ah cool! What did you think of your Somerville interview? And was New your college of choice?

I thought it was okay, but I did cry during it... Sommerville itself is nice, but I just didn't get the same feeling as I did at New. Yep, New is the college that I initially applied to.
Was Sommerville the one that you wanted?
Original post by pak1994
I thought it was okay, but I did cry during it... Sommerville itself is nice, but I just didn't get the same feeling as I did at New. Yep, New is the college that I initially applied to.
Was Sommerville the one that you wanted?

Well, Oxford interviews can be extremely stressful... but you did get into the college of your choice, so you must've done very well :biggrin: Congrats!
I made an open application and was allocated to Somerville. Initially I was considering applying to University College, but I'm glad I didn't. Somerville felt just right and the friendly atmosphere is probably its best asset :smile:
Well, Oxford interviews can be extremely stressful... but you did get into the college of your choice, so you must've done very well :biggrin: Congrats!
I made an open application and was allocated to Somerville. Initially I was considering applying to University College, but I'm glad I didn't. Somerville felt just right and the friendly atmosphere is probably its best asset :smile:

I think it was mainly tiredness and the fact that I just couldn't seem to understand what he was asking me to do. But I think that I answered everything else and got it in the end. I'm just interested now as to whether Sommerville would have given me an offer after that interview. However, I won't dwell on it, and am so pleased that I got an offer from New.
It's great that you got allocated to a college that you really like then. It did seem really friendly when I visited on the open day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending