The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by janet.liu
oh wow... how come? Can you have whatever numbers of "dad" you want?

Does that make you jeolous hahah?:biggrin:

I think it was a joke so that their female friends didn't have husbands :lol: Well at my college it's rather lenient! So one of my friends is going on a year abroad next year so is married to another girl doing a year abroad... as well as being married to a guy, who is also married to another guy so there'll be two parents while his wife is abroad... it gets really complicated... :K: And me and my wife have a friend who we've decided will be our bit-on-the-side if she doesn't end up married :tongue:

Nah my family is amazing (it has me in :awesome: )
Reply 1781
Original post by Aekkel
Looks like they do italian:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/asset-languages-italian/

I took the tests this month, in the past fortnight or so. There's something like 4 different periods during the year you can sit them. I did Chinese for GCSE, and decided to keep studying it in my own time. Turns out I'm not that good at being dedicated to doing self-study, so I didn't get very far. :P

Ah thanks, I will look into this. Lol I remember there only being 3 people in the GCSE Chinese class at my school, I'm coming to the Oxford Modern Languages open day in April so I'll be able to get some more advice and information on my application and the gap year
Original post by LoseSmallWinBig
I just got rejected by Durham and LSE after almost 7 months! (not right this minute obvs) Beginning to wonder if some universities just pick up a pile of applications and bin them.

I literally just got home and found that LSE had finally replied (rejection as well); took them long enough. It's good to have some closure at last. :biggrin:

Now I'm staring at the 'Reply to offers' screen, paranoid about accidentally misclicking something...
Original post by Koalagate
Now I'm staring at the 'Reply to offers' screen, paranoid about accidentally misclicking something...

The number of times I've been back to the options page on UCAS to check that I didn't accidentally put Oxford as an insurance or reject it or something...
Original post by tjf8
The number of times I've been back to the options page on UCAS to check that I didn't accidentally put Oxford as an insurance or reject it or something...

I only firmed Oxford 2 hours ago, but have already gone back to check about 5 times already. :tongue:
I only firmed Oxford 2 hours ago, but have already gone back to check about 5 times already. :tongue:

Congrats :woo: Yeah I've been like that because I ended up putting my original 5th choice as my insurance :colonhash: Getting them the wrong way around would not be a pleasant surprise.
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
I have been calculating the exact UMS I need in the summer now... I'll be insane by the time results day comes around!

Only need to get a C in Econ 4 though, pressure well and truly lowered :biggrin:

Really? I only need two Es for two of my A Levels to get As.
Original post by member591354
Really? I only need two Es for two of my A Levels to get As.

....good for you?
Original post by tjf8
Congrats :woo: Yeah I've been like that because I ended up putting my original 5th choice as my insurance :colonhash: Getting them the wrong way around would not be a pleasant surprise.

Thank you! It was a fairly cathartic experience. Yep, I did exactly the same with my insurance so I definitely understand the stress. It doesn't help that I never actually had any real desire to go there at all but picked the place purely for the lower grade requirements (not really sure what I'll do if I miss the Oxford offer!).
Original post by manic_fuzz
I think it was a joke so that their female friends didn't have husbands :lol: Well at my college it's rather lenient! So one of my friends is going on a year abroad next year so is married to another girl doing a year abroad... as well as being married to a guy, who is also married to another guy so there'll be two parents while his wife is abroad... it gets really complicated... :K: And me and my wife have a friend who we've decided will be our bit-on-the-side if she doesn't end up married :tongue:

Nah my family is amazing (it has me in :awesome: )

Really complicated... It's like what we did in middle school hahah! I married my best friend... When we were joking, we divorced each other for many times and the one who was divorced would say: oh you broke my heart! Now I am the sister of one of my friend though I want to be her elder sister!! Oh well...FAMILY things are just fun!
Really complicated... It's like what we did in middle school hahah! I married my best friend... When we were joking, we divorced each other for many times and the one who was divorced would say: oh you broke my heart! Now I am the sister of one of my friend though I want to be her elder sister!! Oh well...FAMILY things are just fun!

I'm confused already haha, yeah gotta love a dysfunctional family :rolleyes:
Thank you! It was a fairly cathartic experience. Yep, I did exactly the same with my insurance so I definitely understand the stress. It doesn't help that I never actually had any real desire to go there at all but picked the place purely for the lower grade requirements (not really sure what I'll do if I miss the Oxford offer!).

I don't want to go there either, and mine is for the same grades as my Oxf offer. :laugh: I only picked one because it seems like they might be more willing to accept me if I miss the mark. Hardly seems worth it to be honest...
I'm confused already haha, yeah gotta love a dysfunctional family :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you haha.:biggrin:

BTW, are you now in Oxford? Do you mind me asking which college you are in and which subject you are studying?
Totally agree with you haha.:biggrin:

BTW, are you now in Oxford? Do you mind me asking which college you are in and which subject you are studying?

Yaah, 1st year medic @ Worcester :yep:
Yaah, 1st year medic @ Worcester :yep:

wow medicine always sounds like a super tough subject for me...
wow medicine always sounds like a super tough subject for me...

Every subject at Oxford is super tough :colone: you'll be doing engineering right? all that maths by no means sounds easy haha albeit I'm actually finding medicine easier than I'd expected, so it's not too bad really
My college wife has 3 dads :sexface:

That just offers so much scope for jealousy and incest.
Jealous! I wanted to apply for Medicine at oxford but my gcse's are not high enough even though my alevels are
How are you finding it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every subject at Oxford is super tough :colone: you'll be doing engineering right? all that maths by no means sounds easy haha albeit I'm actually finding medicine easier than I'd expected, so it's not too bad really

The point is I LOVE MATHS haha. I found doing Maths such an enjoyable thing... [Am I a freak??:rolleyes:]

Yeah based on the fact that you are frequently on TSR(am I correct?), it seems you have handled your subject pretty well hahah
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That just offers so much scope for jealousy and incest.

Indeed, incest in commonplace. Disappointingly, my wife has a boyfriend so doesn't commit to such debauchery :frown:

Original post by madz2802
Jealous! I wanted to apply for Medicine at oxford but my gcse's are not high enough even though my alevels are
How are you finding it? :smile:

It's really good and manageable and fun! (although currently really boring because I'm just revising for mocks at the beginning of next term...) Awh, I wouldn't worry, regardless of where you go you'll still end up as Dr So-and-So :awesome:

The point is I LOVE MATHS haha. I found doing Maths such an enjoyable thing... [Am I a freak??:rolleyes:]

Yeah based on the fact that you are frequently on TSR(am I correct?), it seems you have handled your subject pretty well hahah

Pahaha no no you'll probably fit in perfectly. The Mathmos at my college seem to always end up discussing maths... even when drunk... during which maths-orientated dance moves have even come into play before :rofl:

Hahah yeah, not so much during term, but I do have lots of spare time during term. Generally if you're organised then you'll end up with loads more spare time than expected :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending