The Student Room Group

when hungry I always crave cheese and pickled onion sandwich

I'm not pregnant by the way.

Whenever I'm even just a bit hungry and at home, I almsot always crave a cheese and pickled onion sandwich, with a fair amount of butter.

It gets' weirder; I do like branston pickle, but when I get this craving I always want sliced pickled onion, not branston! And on a sandwich I have hardly any butter, and usually I have a spread like flora. But with this sandwich I always want what I consider quite thick butter. And the cheese has to be sliced even though normally I prefer grated cheese.

Also if we have sweet silkerskin onions I have a mild cheddar, if we have spicy pickles then I go for a medium cheese.

Does anyone else have such cravings?

I find it a bit random/ strange. i have this craving currently, but i'm on a diet so i know I shouldn't :frown:

occaissionaly the craving is for a cheese and tomato sandwich which is a bit more normal. But this is rare. Although sometimes when I want a cheese and pickled onion sandwich I settle for either cheese and branston or cheese and tomato.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anony.mouse

reading your post has inspired in me a craving for powerful barbiturates.
Reply 2

Whenever I'm even just a bit hungry and at home, I almsot always crave a cheese and pickled onion sandwich, with a fair amount of butter.

I do like branston pickle, but when I get this craving I always want sliced pickled onion, not branston! And on a sandwich I have hardly any butter, and usually I have a spread like flora. But with this sandwich I always want what I consider quite thick butter. And the cheese has to be sliced even though normally I prefer grated cheese.

Also if we have sweet silkerskin onions I have a mild cheddar, if we have spicy pickles then I go for a medium cheese.

I find it a bit random/ strange. i have this craving currently, but i'm on a diet so i know I shouldn't :frown:

Thank you - I am now having massive cravings for branston pickle and cheese. And I'm currently in Asia which means I don't even have access to this...

:cry2:
Reply 3
Original post by h-g-1
Thank you - I am now having massive cravings for branston pickle and cheese. And I'm currently in Asia which means I don't even have access to this...

:cry2:

:hugs:

But why then why did you click on my post?
Reply 4
I gave in to temptation :frown:

I did make it on brown bread with low fat cheese and I did only use one slice of bread and not that much butter.
Reply 5
I constantly crave raw smoked salmon. And it's too expensive to indulge very often :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i crave chips

and jd
Reply 7
:hugs:

But why then why did you click on my post?

Because I'm a masochist? :smile:
Reply 8

Love the way you pointed this out:tongue:
Reply 9

Ask your Mum what she craved when she was pregnant with you

When I was pg with my eldest Raspberries made me feel sick ... sight/smell anything ... a raspberry yoghurt could bring me out in a cold sweat

HE hates raspberries

Though I returned to loving them once I had him
when your hungry eat.
Reply 11
Original post by meenu89
Love the way you pointed this out:tongue:

Well if i was pregnant, it could explain it . . .

Original post by TenOfThem
Ask your Mum what she craved when she was pregnant with you

When I was pg with my eldest Raspberries made me feel sick ... sight/smell anything ... a raspberry yoghurt could bring me out in a cold sweat

HE hates raspberries

Though I returned to loving them once I had him

will do

Original post by silverbolt
when your hungry eat.

I know, but it's an odd and very specific craving plus I'm trying to lose a bit of weight, so a cheesey sandwich isn't going to help is it.

Quick Reply

Latest