The Student Room Group

KCL- International Foundation Programme?

Hi everyone, i'm wishing to progress unto a LLB Degree at King's College London and i have found this International Foundation Programme as a route to enter, are there any current students, ex-students or anyone who have heard about it who can give me some advice (you know how you can never trust stats and "student profiles" on official websites). Is it worth it? What is the rate of success for finishing students from this course to progress unto a LLB degree at KCL?? What's the life like in this course?

Thank you very much!!! :p:p
Hey! I have recently applied to this programme for law pathway and am accepted, but I have the same questions. People say that progression to LLB degree at KCL from IFP at King's is 80% but I'm not entirely sure and it's killing me.
Reply 2
Original post by naberbenbegum
Hey! I have recently applied to this programme for law pathway and am accepted, but I have the same questions. People say that progression to LLB degree at KCL from IFP at King's is 80% but I'm not entirely sure and it's killing me.

Hey, thank you so much for the reply!! No one here seems to know anything or intend to unravel these mysteries for us :frown:. I did e-mail KCL couple of times already but i guess waiting for them to reply is just as pathetic. I'm planning on visiting the Uni and talk to the members of staff on site, but am uncertain about the procedures to arrange a visit, did you do a Uni tour? I believe it's better to apply sooner not later but i just have so many questions in my mind, may i ask did you apply through the online application route? (i.e. register on their website, find your course and fill out an electronic application form?) When did you apply and when did you receive your offer?

Thanks in advance :o:o
Original post by advocate_e
Hey, thank you so much for the reply!! No one here seems to know anything or intend to unravel these mysteries for us :frown:. I did e-mail KCL couple of times already but i guess waiting for them to reply is just as pathetic. I'm planning on visiting the Uni and talk to the members of staff on site, but am uncertain about the procedures to arrange a visit, did you do a Uni tour? I believe it's better to apply sooner not later but i just have so many questions in my mind, may i ask did you apply through the online application route? (i.e. register on their website, find your course and fill out an electronic application form?) When did you apply and when did you receive your offer?

Thanks in advance :o:o

I applied I guess on 28th of December and got an offer on 1st of February. I think the earlier you apply, the better chance you have for getting in because there are limited places. I am from Turkey, so I didn't visit the university. And yes, mine was an online application. :smile:
Reply 4
I applied I guess on 28th of December and got an offer on 1st of February. I think the earlier you apply, the better chance you have for getting in because there are limited places. I am from Turkey, so I didn't visit the university. And yes, mine was an online application. :smile:
hey.. I wanted to know if you applied with igcse results or another ?
Original post by olaamir1996
hey.. I wanted to know if you applied with igcse results or another ?

Nope, I had my Turkish High School Diploma.
Reply 6
Nope, I had my Turkish High School Diploma.

Do you have an idea if they accept igcse ?
Original post by olaamir1996
Do you have an idea if they accept igcse ?

Unfortunately I have no idea. I'd suggest e-mail and ask Saul Jones from IFP, you'll find his e-mail adress easily. He really helps a lot. :smile:
Hi everyone, I also intend to do law ifp in King's. Are you both now in King's? How was the life? What about the course? Any idea on progression?
Reply 9
hey everyone i did foundation for lse and wrote a blog about it, check if you have any questions about ifp

https://myfoundationyear.wordpress.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending