The Student Room Group

'Traces of pork DNA' found in Halal prison meat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GdotL
I don't understand why prisons of all places are pandering to dietary requirements to this extent :s

Because this country has been anally raped by the left.

It's prison, they can have the vegetarian option or better still they can starve to death.
surely the answer is to not do something which would send you to prison in the first place, and then you would have the opportunity to visit halal butchers to get your meat
Original post by Skip_Snip
I guess it contains more of the harmful stress hormone Cortisol due to the unnecessary torture the animals go through

I explained this to you in another thread. They are basically the same thing, except that halal meat has a prayer...

But go, get your information from the media, instead of the RSPCA and actual abattoirs
Altough I have next to no respect for criminals, If you advertise something as halal/Kosher/vegetarian it should be exactly that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by SannaS
for your information some people in prison are innocent, in islam pork is not allowed criminal or not. And its quite small minded to call beleifs pathetic, but then again theres no need to try expaining sense in to some ignorant people

How would you feel about a catch-all vegetarian option as an alternative to a meat dish which may or may not be halal/kosher/other, since it was just bought cheap?
Original post by Iqbal007
In my opinion, its still all haraam and forbidden..........South Asian Muslims put a lot of emphasis on pork but never anything else :s-smilie:

Yeah I was thinking of that ie: he had beef sandwiches, which presumably weren't halal, yet only cared about pork/ham....
Original post by Theatre
Because if they were ACTUALLY religious they wouldn't have committed a crime in the first place... so it's pretty pathetic that they can commit a crime that leads to them being thrown in jail (I'm pretty sure no religion would condone this), yet they refuse to eat pork?

Absolute nonsense, in case you haven't noticed most Religions place a huge emphasis on "forgiveness of sins" Islam especially, this is because the religion does not expect people to be perfect or without failures, in fact it expects that they "will" commit crimes , sins and do things wrong on many levels.

Being religious does not make you a perfect person, it does not mean you will not be dragged into crime, or find yourself in a situation or mind-frame where you do something wrong.

You can do something bad, and still be 100% a religious individual.
Its not against their religion if they have no choice but to eat it. So wheres the problem for them if they're not given a choice? I'm still pissed at the look a muslim woman gave me when I asked for a bacon sandwich in a subway and was told they didnt have any.
If they're going to offer halal meat I think they should make sure it actually is what it claims to be.

On the other hand, I'm not going to keep myself up at night dwelling on this.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
If they're going to offer halal meat I think they should make sure it actually is what it claims to be.

On the other hand, I'm not going to keep myself up at night dwelling on this.

Beef burgers are still labeled beef burgers if they have onion in. Was the meat in question labelled 100% halal or just halal?
Original post by Iqbal007
It may seem like it to you.........

but Muslims, Jews and some Christian groups are forbidden from having anything with Pork in it.......so despite them not being in trouble in faith as they didn't know.

It is still a huge thing for them..............and the story will probably build on top of the horse meat story in the burger.........in a few weeks we will find some other crap in our food as well :s-smilie:

What is the reasoning behind this?
Original post by Steevee
Pretty sure Muslims aren't allowed to commit crime.... so based on the common TSR argument that any Muslim that does something bad isn't a real Muslim...there's no Muslims in prison! :smile:

Whoever says that is an idiot. Committing crime does not render you a non-Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What next? At my University though I hear the burgers are made from university drop-outs.
Reply 93
Serves them right, have you seen the absolutely disgusting way in which animals are slaugthered for Halal meat? Watching a video on it made me depressed for the rest of the day just knowing that that is even allowed in the UK.
Original post by de_monies

But go, get your information from the media, instead of the RSPCA and actual abattoirs

Except the RSPCA is against unstunned Halal and Kosher meat.
Reply 95
If they were true Muslims they wouldn't be in prison in the first place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Except the RSPCA is against unstunned Halal and Kosher meat.

And what's your point? The RSPCA have shown that 90% of all halal meat is stunned, but the same figures aren't as high for Kosher meat
Original post by green.tea
Beef burgers are still labeled beef burgers if they have onion in. Was the meat in question labelled 100% halal or just halal?

... if the product contains anything that isn't halal, the product isn't halal. Obviously. Your analogy makes no sense.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
... if the product contains anything that isn't halal, the product isn't halal. Obviously. Your analogy makes no sense.

Why doesn't it? So long as they put on the back that its also 5% forbidden like they do with onion surely the same rules should apply?
Reply 99
I doubt anyone's going to hell because they involuntarily consumed 'forbidden' meat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending