The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The 'Psychology at Edinburgh university' thread 2013

Hey, anybody else aspiring to study psychology at Edinburgh university?
Any tips/advice?
Meet people hoping to do the same subject/ talk about offers and UCAS etc! :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey any body else aspiring to study psychology at Edinburgh university?
Chat, share tips/ advice or just meet people hoping to get into the same course as you! :smile:
Also what about offers/UCAS etc? What have people got so far and what universities have got back to them?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I got an offer for the MA in psych a couple of weeks ago! I'm an American and I'm still waiting to hear back from UCL, St.Andrews, and Imperial as well as Dartmouth, Vanderbilt, Wellesley, Colby, and Boston College. I got accepted to the University of Vermont in molecular genetics as well. Edinburgh a my top choice so far, as it's a lot less expensive than American schools.
I've applied for psychology at Edinburgh :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for the MA at Edinburgh, but I haven't heard anything yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Does anyone have a feedback regarding the BSC Psychology program in Edinburgh
I've got an unconditional to the MA Psychology at Edinburgh, and there are no words to say how excited I am to start this course! I'm waiting to hear back from Stirling and St Andrews still, but Glasgow and Napier have got back to me also :smile: Good luck to everybody!!
Reply 7
Original post by 1CI101
Does anyone have a feedback regarding the BSC Psychology program in Edinburgh

Original post by kaaaaayleigh
I've applied for psychology at Edinburgh :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Imfeelingthis
Hey any body else aspiring to study psychology at Edinburgh university?
Chat, share tips/ advice or just meet people hoping to get into the same course as you! :smile:
Also what about offers/UCAS etc? What have people got so far and what universities have got back to them?

I'm still waiting to hear back
Reply 8
Reply 9
I got an unconditional from Edinburgh on valentines :')
That's me heard back from 4 universities ; Edinburgh, Glasgow, strathclyde and st Andrews :-) (all unconditionals!!!) still waiting for Herriot watt but that's not really my main choice

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Original post by Imfeelingthis
I got an unconditional from Edinburgh on valentines :')
That's me heard back from 4 universities ; Edinburgh, Glasgow, strathclyde and st Andrews :-) (all unconditionals!!!) still waiting for Herriot watt but that's not really my main choice

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Congrats! Unconditional? Have you got your grades already
Reply 11
I got an unconditional for Bsc a while ago but I'm unsure about Edinburgh or heriot watt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Can anyone give me pros/cons about edinburgh? Or why they chose it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Well Edinburgh have put me out of my misery I was rejected yesterday evening. Congrats to those with offers
Reply 14
I've received 5 unconditional offers now to study psychology at edinburgh, glasgow, aberdeen, dundee and edinburgh napier... but i'm really at a dead end trying to make a decision about where to study. Could anybody please help, at least with a decision about edinburgh, and suggest any pros and cons about psychology at edinburgh?
Reply 15
I'm in the same boat as you, 5 unconditionals and trying to decide between edinburgh and heriot watt :smile: edinburgh has the reputation and good career prospects but quite elitist, also massive intake for psychology so ratios of students to lecturers/tutors...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I actually attended the visit day at edinburgh yesterday and it did seem really nice, could've pictured myself there at some points throughout the day. I keep changing my mind about everything I want though! Campus like aberdeen or city like edinburgh? etc..
Reply 17
I went too, so beautiful! Really messing with my decisions...:smile: Edinburgh's a great city, just weigh it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
yeah, i do love the city itself but i'm just confused. dont wanna pick somewhere that i love the sound of for a week and then hate it for four years!
Got a conditional offer about an hour ago! Think I'll probably be firming it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending