The Student Room Group

UK Power Networks Graduate Video Interview (2013)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by yoko_ono
Hey guys,

tom_hank, I have to agree with ReapeR01 those are the dates that I got in my email as well so make sure you double check your AC date!

Guys that have been on the assessment centre, completely understandable about not giving out specifics considering we are all still in the middle of the process. However, I will ask, is there any general advice you would give in terms of the assessment centre. Would you say that time pressure is a massive challenge in the exercises? Or were there any technical questions/situations where technical knowledge would have helped? Just want to do my best!

The only time pressure is really in the individual SHL tests like you would expect them to be. The group exercises are timed but it's more to keep on schedule than anything else. I wouldn't say technical knowledge is needed, but it might help. I don't have any technical knowledge, and got by fine on common sense (I was successful at getting an interview). Although saying that I am on the Business scheme rather than Engineering so they might be looking for different things from your results.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ReapeR01
The previous email said the dates were:

Tuesday 5 March
Wednesday 6 March
Tuesday 12 March
Wednesday 13 March
Thursday 14 March
Tuesday 19 March

Yes i had these dates as well in the first e-mail - but i was called on 11th March for assessment dont know why.
Reply 22
The only time pressure is really in the individual SHL tests like you would expect them to be. The group exercises are timed but it's more to keep on schedule than anything else. I wouldn't say technical knowledge is needed, but it might help. I don't have any technical knowledge, and got by fine on common sense (I was successful at getting an interview). Although saying that I am on the Business scheme rather than Engineering so they might be looking for different things from your results.

Hi reaper,

How many questions were on numerical/verbal tests, and what was the time limit?
Reply 23
Also, what are groupwork/presentations/exercises about? are they just general business/management or relevant to UKPN, ie; customer service/electric engineering..? can you tell us what areas/industries the exercises involve?

oh, how many candidates are there in AC day?
Reply 24
Like I said they give you all the information there so don't worry about the group exercises/presentation so much! In all honesty I thought they were quite fun (as much as something can be fun in that context anyway!).

I believe the maths/reasoning tests took about an hour each with breaks in between.
Reply 25
hi- does anyone passed through the assessment??
Reply 26
I did, I got a phone call the day after my AC and I've arranged a date for an interview. I've not got any other information about it yet but I assume they are waiting for everyone to do the AC before they send it out.

Did you?
Reply 27
I did, I got a phone call the day after my AC and I've arranged a date for an interview. I've not got any other information about it yet but I assume they are waiting for everyone to do the AC before they send it out.

Did you?

Hi,

Yes i have been called for an interview on 6th of April. I hope i can make through this last interview to be a business graduate at UKPN.
Reply 28
Has anyone heard if expenses will be paid for this interview too?
Reply 29
Does anyone know what the interviews are like?
Reply 30
Has anyone heard if expenses will be paid for this interview too?

Yea, up to 100 quid
Reply 31
Original post by User_Q
Does anyone know what the interviews are like?

No idea what to expect. I'm for the Engineering scheme. Has anybody heard what sort of things to expect, other than what they said in the email?
Reply 32
Has anyone else had their interview yet?

I found the people really friendly and I got along with both of them very well, I thought some of the questions were very very difficult, but I guess they are made to be difficult to differentiate between us all!

I really hope I get onto the business scheme, but I think there must be a good 20 or 30 people going for 8 (or was it 6?) jobs so it will be tough.

And before anyone asks, I'm not going to tell you what questions were asked.
Reply 33
I agree the interviewers were nice, but for some of the questions it wasn't easy to figure out what they are looking for. I don't know how many people they will interview in total but there will be 19 engineering, 5 business and 2 IT positions offered. Best of luck!
Reply 34
Hey guys. I'm engineering scheme. Yeah the interviewers were very nice. I think I remember them saying they wanted approx 70% from the asssessment centres, think there were 96 people at. I reckon they interviewed about 65ish, so reckon we've got one in three chance, thereabouts. Dang this wait is tense.
Reply 35
Original post by tom_hank
Hi,

Yes i have been called for an interview on 6th of April. I hope i can make through this last interview to be a business graduate at UKPN.

tom_hank have you heard yet? My interview was on 9th and not heard yet was wondering if you had as yours was on the 6th.
Reply 36
I believe the last interviews were today, so hopefully we will get called tomorrow
Reply 37
So how did everyone do?
Reply 38
Guys, can you let me know what they asked you in the online video inteview?
Reply 39
Original post by hopedreams
Guys, can you let me know what they asked you in the online video inteview?

I doubt they will keep the same questions this time round, but last year they were mostly questions about your understanding of the company. I believe one of the questions was 'who are our stakeholders' so it might be a good idea to have a think about that.

I actually found the video interview the toughest and most nerve wracking part of the whole interview process, so once you get through these 10 minutes you can relax! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending