The Student Room Group

AQA Further Maths - What to do?

Hey everyone, I've just got a few questions to ask about Further Maths :smile:

Well at the moment I'm studying A-Level Maths, Physics and Chemistry (My fourth AS was English Language), I am predicted an A* in Maths and Physics and an A in Chemistry, I'm taking a gap year due to my girlfriend becoming pregnant (and I found a job to help pay towards the costs of being a parent, it certainly helps a lot haha!) and during this gap year I want to take an extra A-Level in Further Maths (I'm speaking with my college now about how this will be sorted) as when I go to university I want to study Maths. I asked to do Further Maths when I first came to college but due to having a B grade they said I was ‘unable to be successful’. Unfortunately I got a B grade because the final exam I messed up on and it was worth 50% of the course (Edexcel if I remember correctly) and my other 3 modules I got A*s in. I've always been good at maths, It has been my strong side since I was born says my parents and teachers who had me through secondary school, but of course college doesn’t know this as I joined and all they saw was a grade B. Sigh.

Anyway now that my background has been covered!

My question is…what modules can I take for Further Maths? I took standard Maths for my current A-level, Cores 1-4, MM1B and MD01. I know about MFP1-4, but do I need to take all of them? And what would people suggest be the best combination of modules? I plan to study Mathematics at university and then delve into Mechanical Physics…any help would be appreciated! Thank you for your time, Jake :biggrin:
Hasn't this been asked?:tongue:

FP1-4
M2-3

Here's a link:

AQA have free online textbooks FP2-4 :smile:
Reply 2
I'd definitely recommend you had a look at the Mechanics modules considering you're interested in that area of maths... Then the Further Pure modules will definitely be of extra use to you for the pure side of a maths degree as well as giving a stronger grounding in any of the techniques used in mechanics...

I'm currently doing A2 AQA Further Maths with the modules FP1-2, D1-2, M2 and S2 - so if you have any questions then feel free to ask! I'll do by best to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending