The Student Room Group

Getting an offer for Medicine,with only AS Chemistry?

Hi
I really want to do Medicine, and be a doctor. I'm in Year 11 at the moment. I was looking at university requirements,and some unis -Barts,for one ,I think- says it accepts at least Chemistry or Biology at AS ,if the other is at A2.

But has anyone ever gotten an offer with this? I am fully aware that just because it's the lowest open offer,doesnt mean people who offer that get places.
Thanks.
AF
yes, people get offers like that all the time. just try and get an A or B in the AS as some want specific grades if one isnt continued.
Reply 2
Why are you considering only taking one of them to AS if you're still only in year 11 and haven't even seen what they are like?
Yes it is possible to get in with one at AS, but to give yourself the best possible chance and open up more options for yourself you need to be doing them both to A2 if you have the opportunity to.
Reply 3
hi I'm hoping to do A2,just a back up plan if all goes to pieces :smile:
UEA Norwich med school only requires Biology at A2 for example....
Reply 5
I actually need help so i would like it if someone gave me quick and helpful advice. i've recently decided i want to do medicine but i have already picked up my alevels and im in A2. My subjects are medical science level 3 BTEC and health and social care. Also english alevel. However i do not have maths GCSE , and i want to do biomedical science for three years then do medicine or do a foundation course in biomedical science ? do you think i should do medicine or carry on routing for my dream? please reply ! i need urgent help thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending