The Student Room Group

Interpreting my Science GCSE results for my CV

I apologies in advance if i'm posting this in the wrong place, this is my first time posting on this forum.

I left school in 2008, I've had a couple of jobs but I never needed a impressive CV for those. I'm now trying to bring to life my CV as i'm starting to try follow a career path into care.
I'm now trying to add all my GCSEs to my CV, and in all honestly i've never paid much attention to them, I literally only took a good look at them today.

Today I realized I have both a AQA certificate for 'Science' getting a C and a OCR certificate for 'additional applied science', also getting a C. I'm completely confused as to what additional applied science is, did I get two GCSES or just one?

Google is telling me that additional applied science a vocational gcse, is that right? does it even count as a gcse? On my results statement it says that my units were life care, scientific detection and agriculture and food. Could the life care part of the unit be worth mentioning when it comes to getting a job within care?

Thank you!
no additional counts as another gcse, at least i have always counted in! and i think it's always advisable to just go 8 gcses at grade c or whatever, including English and Maths, rather than writing down each grade and subject. there's a cv section somewhere on this forum where tsr volunteers will have a look at your cv and suggest changes, which i have found useful :smile:
Reply 2
That was a fast reply, thank you!

Is there much of a difference between additional applied science and additional science? Or should I be more blunt and ask, which is the harder of the two? :p:p
Looking back at my time served in school, I wasn't informed at all about what I was actually doing, what I was sitting and what I was supposed to be achieving, I thought I was just doing the regular science everyone else was doing! I'm quite interested to know if I was sitting the easier or hard work :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending