The Student Room Group
University of York
York

About the gym facilities

Are there gym facilities in the student halls?
If not, are these only in the sport centre of University of York?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mathon402
Are there gym facilities in the student halls?
If not, are these only in the sport centre of University of York?

As far as i'm aware there are no gym facilities in student halls. Gym facilties are at either the main sports centre (Heslington West campus) or at the new sports village on Heslington East. The new sports village is around £10 more per month I believe.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Benny100
As far as i'm aware there are no gym facilities in student halls. Gym facilties are at either the main sports centre (Heslington West campus) or at the new sports village on Heslington East. The new sports village is around £10 more per month I believe.

thanks a lot:smile:
Original post by mathon402
thanks a lot:smile:

There are two options for gyms at York. There's the sports centre on Heslington West campus (smaller, but with most facilities depending on what you want) That's 15 pounds a month. Then there's the Sports Village over by Heslington East. There's a free bus to it, and it just opened this year. It's very nice, but will set you back 30 pounds a month :smile:
Reply 4
There are also quite a few other gyms close to campus, some people use those instead. I know at least some of them used to do a pretty good membership deal for students.
Reply 5
The sports village has a pool which the sports centre doesnt. But the sports centre has racquet courts while the village doesnt. If you have a membership for the sports village then the courts at the centre are half price. Hope this helps.
If you want student halls close to the gym, I loved being in James College as I could literally see my room from the old gym entrance which was great. The gym itself isn't high-tech but it gets the job done, the people are nice and it has a few classes as well.
Reply 7
I'm planning to do crossfit when I get to York (watching too many crossfit games made me decide that I should participate as well) and I found a box that is around a mile away (or so they say).
It's called Crossfit Jorvick, if you care for crossfit at all haha.
I'm so excited to start doing law at York!
Reply 8
Original post by Benny100

It's £29 a month atm for a student. The older gym on main campus is I believe £15 but doesn't have a swimming pool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending