The Student Room Group

Tesco Options Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi guys,

I don't even know where to start. So i joined Tesco approx 3months ago, i was put forward to do options by my store manager as she seen something in me. I went to the introduction which went rather okay but i was given i workshop booklet but i am struggling because its only me whos never been given one before. In my workshop group everyones been there like 5 years so they kinda know what to expect where as i feel im less equipped for whats ahead. Just getting really nervous now
Reply 41
Hi

How did you get on with your sign on? Ive got mine in 2 days and I'm a nervous wreck 😬😬 . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks X
San
How did you get on? I have mine this coming Tuesday, trying to write my pdp but no clue what to put!!
Reply 43
To anyone who knows anything about the Deputy Managers Sign Off..

Completed my Sign On for this role a couple of months ago and I have my Sign Off looking in a little while. Feeling pretty un prepared for the questions they will probably ask. Does anyone know what they will want to know or some mock up questions that may be used so I can prepare some basic answers to elaborate on come the day?

Anything would be appreciated! Been kept I. The dark a little concerning what the Sign Off actually looks like!
Reply 44
I completed the new sign on a few weeks ago. It was actually quite cool. So, it involved 3 seperate role plays off the back of each other. You just get a pack with loads of info and you have 10 mins to read then someone comes in and it starts. There's a lot of info in the pack so I suggest you read it quick and thourough!

Then was a 5-10 min presentation of your 3D cv, a lot of people use props and engaging things for this rather than an actual PowerPoint. The idea being, showcase yourself and stand out!

Followed by an actual interview style sit down lasting around an hour. Chatting about what you have learnt and how you over come things etc. Really memorise your PDP, they will ask you to talk all about it without it in front of you.

All in all it was around 4 and a half hours long and tests you in a few different ways.

Mine was for convenience format so differs from large format. Which tends to still include group discussion with all participants too.

I hear the sign on is much harder than the sign off so the hard work is done. However I do have my sign off next week so if anyone has any hints and tips please let me know. I'm wondering what kind of questions they will ask eeek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending