The Student Room Group

PPE

I am trying to choose between Exeter and Manchester as my first choice for PPE. After visiting both Exeter seems more chilled etc and has the slight edge on appeal. I'm not one for going out so that isn't too much of an issue. Both offers are identical (AAB) and very achievable. I was wondering if there was anything final thoughts that might convince me either way... Also if I firm Exeter is there any sense in using Manchester as insurance as they except two AS in replace of one A-Level, so I'd effectively need 'AB' or just stick Lancaster as my insurance as it's super easy to get into...
Reply 1
Although I didn't apply to either of these unis in the end, I did look at the prospectuses and courses of both.
Is it PPE at Exeter or Philosophy and Political Economy? The former is possible through their flexible combined honours programme, the latter is more common.
Either way, personally, if it was me I'd choose Exeter in a flash. Nicer uni, nicer place, better reputation, seem to be more experienced with the course.
However, it does depend entirely on you and your preferences. Do you prefer a campus or a city uni? Which course appeals to you more? They're at opposite ends of the UK, would you rather be near one area or the other? What's the accommodation like?
If it comes down to it, crazy as it may sound, just go with the one that 'feels' right. You're the one who's going to be there for 3 years and you'll get a fantastic degree with great employment prospects from both.

On a side note, I'd always choose the lowest insurance you can which you think you wouldn't mind going to. You do not want to end up in clearing. And I'm choosing Lancaster as my insurance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending