The Student Room Group

Girlfriend has a victim mentality and thinks I am being stubborn

We have been together 6 years and had a unplanned baby last year but we were both happy.

Since she has had the baby though she seems to resent the fact I work full time and go to university part time, to be fair I dont mine holding off the university but I need to work to pay the bills!

She wants to go back to work but says I am stopping her since she wants me to work full time then come home and then look after our baby then cook dinner as she wants do do part time work and she doesnt seem to understand that after a long day at work I may feel like just putting a ready meal in microwave and want to relax, I dont mind helping with the baby but she stresses me out saying she does everything but seems to think that as soon as I come home then I have to do all the baby work which makes me feel like she treats looking after the baby as full time work and finishing time is when I get home.

This started about 3 months ago and has got to the point she complains if I dont come straight home from work, if I see a friend I havent seen in a very long time and and so may be 10 minutes late she rings and complains down the phone how I am making her do all the work.

She told me that she wants a night out with her friends(whom come round the house all the time when I am not there but I dont have my friends round) but wants me to look after the baby the entire time.

She isnt a nasty person she just seems to have got into the routine where she feels overworked and taking the stress out on me.

Just want to vent a little but want opinions.
Reply 1
How old are you both?
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Jeremy Kyle phoned and he wants you on there, anon. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending