The Student Room Group

big breasts problems

Scroll to see replies

After reading through this thread, I feel so grateful to be a 40C. :colondollar:
Original post by ashleighgiles
After reading through this thread, I feel so grateful to be a 40C. :colondollar:

Why would you be grateful to have the worlds tiniest boobs?
Original post by yellowcopter

I just went to a lingerie store and apparently I'm no longer 40C - now its D. :erm:
I don't know - I like them because they don't strain my back as much as people think.
But of course, if you like big boobs, its your choice.

Just so you know, the smallest bras I've seen are 30A's.
I just went to a lingerie store and apparently I'm no longer 40C - now its D. :erm:
I don't know - I like them because they don't strain my back as much as people think.

http://voluptuouslythin.wordpress.com/measure-yourself/

Most lingerie shops do it wrong, unless you have very large ribs I doubt you are a 40. You're probably a 36F with the measurements they usually use for 40D.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
http://voluptuouslythin.wordpress.com/measure-yourself/

Most lingerie shops do it wrong, unless you have very large ribs I doubt you are a 40. You're probably a 36F with the measurements they usually use for 40D.

Interesting! Thanks for the information :smile:

The department stores here can be confusing, and many of the attendants don't even know what they're talking about! I had trouble looking for just one bra today because of the limits in size and the unusual measurements they use.

Haha yeah, I do have large ribs. I have slightly big bones in general. Not sure if its a good thing or not though :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Interesting! Thanks for the information :smile:

The department stores here can be confusing, and many of the attendants don't even know what they're talking about! I had trouble looking for just one bra today because of the limits in size and the unusual measurements they use.

Haha yeah, I do have large ribs. I have slightly big bones in general. Not sure if its a good thing or not though :s-smilie:

Yeah most people don't know how to measure for ****. They add inches to your ribcage which you shouldn't do, it gives you a too big band and too small cup. This sucks beccause it gives no support and you end up with uncomfortable boobs.

I wish bras were more easy to find, I'm an awkward size too and I have to either buy from Bravissimo or order online.
Reply 66
Yeah most people don't know how to measure for ****. They add inches to your ribcage which you shouldn't do, it gives you a too big band and too small cup. This sucks beccause it gives no support and you end up with uncomfortable boobs.

I wish bras were more easy to find, I'm an awkward size too and I have to either buy from Bravissimo or order online.

Yeah. They really are bad at measuring. My wife went to get measured after realising she was wearing the wrong size (when we were kids), they gave her a 36DD. (up from a 36D). She has a tiny rib cage! It was so slack round the back. In the end we went to Bravisimo and she ended up with a 28G! It fit really well. No more back problems.

Its because they are in shops that don't sell those sizes, so instead of saying "oh, we don't have a back size with that cup size, sorry your boobs are too unnaturally big they don't even make bras for you!!" they just add inches onto the back size until it kind of might fit the cup.
Original post by Hanvyj
Yeah. They really are bad at measuring. My wife went to get measured after realising she was wearing the wrong size (when we were kids), they gave her a 36DD. (up from a 36D). She has a tiny rib cage! It was so slack round the back. In the end we went to Bravisimo and she ended up with a 28G! It fit really well. No more back problems.

Its because they are in shops that don't sell those sizes, so instead of saying "oh, we don't have a back size with that cup size, sorry your boobs are too unnaturally big they don't even make bras for you!!" they just add inches onto the back size until it kind of might fit the cup.

I'm a 28H so I know that feeling! They just want to see bras as opposed to giving you something that actually fits. It pisses me off because it can actually cause problems to wear the wrong fitted bra. I hate how people have a weird perception of it as well, so they think if you need a 28 you must be a child.

Bravissimo are brilliant! If only they stocked more bras :tongue: Sometimes I see one I like online, go to try it, and it's not there :angry:

Awh, I guess our problems are similar!
This shop attendant sent me a dozen bras that were not even close to comfort in the fitting room today. :facepalm:

Just wondering, do you order online from specific lingerie stores or just small shops in general? :colondollar:
This shop attendant sent me a dozen bras that were not even close to comfort in the fitting room today. :facepalm:

Just wondering, do you order online from specific lingerie stores or just small shops in general? :colondollar:

I order from Bravissimo, ebay (you can get really good bras on there - I got a masquerade one for £15! Just waiting to see if it fits), I have ordered internationally from Poland before because they'll custom make sizes, but the sizing was inconsistent, which put me off.
Reply 70

Ebay is really good place. You can get good ones for like £10-£15 if you look hard. Be prepared to send things back when they don't fit though.

The fundamental problem is that the sizing between makes is very inconsistent. I'd say go to bravisimo and get a proper fitting (try get the sizes from two different makes), buy maybe one or two bras as a decent base. Don't get sets, the knickers end up costing like £15!

Once you know what size you are in what make you can browse ebay and internet stores and get good deals.

Oh, and never look in primark. Never. The lovely choices, designs, colours, prints and £5 prices (for a set, a SET!) all in sizes up to 32D will make you weep.
I order from Bravissimo, ebay (you can get really good bras on there - I got a masquerade one for £15! Just waiting to see if it fits), I have ordered internationally from Poland before because they'll custom make sizes, but the sizing was inconsistent, which put me off.

Original post by Hanvyj
Ebay is really good place. You can get good ones for like £10-£15 if you look hard. Be prepared to send things back when they don't fit though.

The fundamental problem is that the sizing between makes is very inconsistent. I'd say go to bravisimo and get a proper fitting (try get the sizes from two different makes), buy maybe one or two bras as a decent base. Don't get sets, the knickers end up costing like £15!

Once you know what size you are in what make you can browse ebay and internet stores and get good deals.

Oh, and never look in primark. Never. The lovely choices, designs, colours, prints and £5 prices (for a set, a SET!) all in sizes up to 32D will make you weep.

Thanks for the info!
I'll definitely go to a Bravissimo branch once I have the time and money.

:cute:

They're growing

...excellent
They're growing

...excellent

Uh, ok. That's very ... observant of you.

:eek:
I was in Primark the other day and I saw a AA bra. I knew that bra went this small but I've always wondered why do women with little to no breasts where a bra?
mans gonna be watching this one arrrrrd ya get me
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

so i am 18 and have a rather large breasts (tbh one of the biggest in the sixth form) and sometimes it causes me a lot trouble. finding a bikini is beyond ridiculous, most dresses are out of the question, usually dont zip up my jacket because i cant (although it fits when i buy). its crazy.

i'm going on holiday with my mates in 2 months and i can already tell i will feel a bit uncomfortable at the beach. one of my mates already joked that i will have something to show off!

do you feel comfortable with what size you have?

I'm quite an average 34D, so I don't really have that problem, but I can imagine!

This might sound rude, but do you see yourself as a large dress size elsewhere on your body? If so it might be an idea to try and lose weight generally and your breasts will also shrink.

If not, then there are shops out there specifically for women with a larger chest, such as Bravissimo, which my Mum occasionally buuys things from. They go up to quite big sizes.

Other than that, I suppose you could buy dresses that aren't fitted which hang loose in a size that fits over your top half, and then add a belt to give it some shape.

Have you seen the cup size of a 40C? It's the equivalent of a 34DD, or a 30F!
Original post by carrotstar
Have you seen the cup size of a 40C? It's the equivalent of a 34DD, or a 30F!

Not big enough for my standards, bring on the KK boobies.
Not big enough for my standards, bring on the KK boobies.

Good luck with that aspiration... You'll need it!

But yeah I feel sorry for the 28 AAA's...

Quick Reply

Latest