The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Anyone attending the applicant day on 13th April?

I got a confirmation email which said I'd be sent further details 2 weeks before the date but I haven't received anything and I've contacted the university with no reply. Does anyone know what time the day starts and finishes? I'm coming from Leeds and would like to save some money by booking my tickets as soon as possible.
Kate
Reply 1
Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll
I got a confirmation email which said I'd be sent further details 2 weeks before the date but I haven't received anything and I've contacted the university with no reply. Does anyone know what time the day starts and finishes? I'm coming from Leeds and would like to save some money by booking my tickets as soon as possible.
Kate

Hi Kate,

This is UCLan, sorry you've not received details of the applicant day on April 13th, my colleagues are in the process of sending information by email you should receive this within the next 48 hours, if you don't, as there are different venues and times for different subjects, I'm not able to advise further, so you may like to contact them at [email protected]

Hope this helps.
UCLan
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I will be attending! What are you studying? xx
Original post by UCLan
Hi Kate,

This is UCLan, sorry you've not received details of the applicant day on April 13th, my colleagues are in the process of sending information by email you should receive this within the next 48 hours, if you don't, as there are different venues and times for different subjects, I'm not able to advise further, so you may like to contact them at [email protected]

Hope this helps.
UCLan

Thanks, finally got the details through yesterday.
Original post by Anyafrieda
I will be attending! What are you studying? xx

I'm studying Psychology with Criminology :smile:
Reply 5
I didn't even know there was an applicant day :frown:
Original post by KayleighG
I didn't even know there was an applicant day :frown:

I didn't get an invitation either, apparently there were 4, I read about the one on twitter and sent an annoyed email to UCLan and then they sent me my invitation. I believe this is the last one though.
Reply 7
I'm studying Psychology with Criminology :smile:

Oh wow sounds awesome! I'm doing neuroscience xx
Reply 8
I didn't get an invitation either, apparently there were 4, I read about the one on twitter and sent an annoyed email to UCLan and then they sent me my invitation. I believe this is the last one though.

I found mine in my junk email box - oops!
Oh wow sounds awesome! I'm doing neuroscience xx

Woah, that sounds cool but a lot like hard work. We'll have to do some modules on neuropsychology and the biology of the brain and that's quite enough for me.
Reply 10
Woah, that sounds cool but a lot like hard work. We'll have to do some modules on neuropsychology and the biology of the brain and that's quite enough for me.

haha yeah! It should be interesting! You taking a guest to the accommodation day or not? It looks like we'll be doing some sessions due to our course and I didn't know if the guest would have to take part as well or something?! :s-smilie:
haha yeah! It should be interesting! You taking a guest to the accommodation day or not? It looks like we'll be doing some sessions due to our course and I didn't know if the guest would have to take part as well or something?! :s-smilie:

Yeah I'm taking my boyfriend, I guess he's gonna have to join in or he'll be on his own all day. I suppose it's easy to join in with a bit of psychology, bit less so for neuroscience. The session lasts 12 til 4.15, that's a really long time, I wonder what they're gonna do. Hopefully it'll be different to the open day I went to.
Reply 12
Yeah I'm taking my boyfriend, I guess he's gonna have to join in or he'll be on his own all day. I suppose it's easy to join in with a bit of psychology, bit less so for neuroscience. The session lasts 12 til 4.15, that's a really long time, I wonder what they're gonna do. Hopefully it'll be different to the open day I went to.

What was the open day like? I'm taking my boyfriend too, I just hope he doesn't get bored XD
What was the open day like? I'm taking my boyfriend too, I just hope he doesn't get bored XD

I only really went to the psychology talk and then they showed us round the new Darwin building and all the labs for a good hour or so and we met a few of the lecturers. They certainly put a lot more effort in than the other open days I attended.
I'll be at UCLAN on Saturday. Will do doing some Q and A stuff and in a flat as well. Come and have a look round the accommodation and ask any questions you have to me and my colleagues on the stands :-)

SW
Reply 15
I'm going... Anyone doing Social Work?
Reply 16
Was such a brilliant open day. Amazing Lecturers and a really welcoming atmosphere. Can't wait to start!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending