The Student Room Group

18 year old wants to learn the guitar.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by berry94
Classical guitars are awesome! You'd have got really strong fingers from playing that

Well I wasn't sure what to play. I guess I don't have to sell it - do you know any beginner classical guitar music I can have a look at? Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by RHCPfan
If you want to play rock then why don't you just start with an electric?

I just dont wanna play songs, I want to learn the guitar it self so that I can play all kinds of songs, on any kind of guitar. I wanna be some one who can play the guitar not some one who can only play a couple of songs.
Reply 22
Original post by berry94
Yeah, that's a more recent one than my Charvel.

It's a Steve Harris Fender Precision Bass. I only bought it on a whim, I went into a guitar shop to ask where my other guitar was (I bought a Fender special run in Feb, but it was broke in transit, and sent back to Fender for repairs) saw the other bass, I went home, decided that I wanted it.

Still waiting for the special run to come back from Fender :frown:.

But thanks :smile:

Buying guitars on whims! dude u must be rich
Reply 23
Original post by Ridwan
I just dont wanna play songs, I want to learn the guitar it self so that I can play all kinds of songs, on any kind of guitar. I wanna be some one who can play the guitar not some one who can only play a couple of songs.

Well I started off on electric and then got an acoustic a couple of years later but I guess it's up to you which way round you want to do it :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Gemma345
Well I wasn't sure what to play. I guess I don't have to sell it - do you know any beginner classical guitar music I can have a look at? Thanks :biggrin:

Rock/shred guitar is my main thing, but I learnt fur eliese and Beethoven's 5th. I think moonlight sanata (i dont think its spelt right, but youtube it) would be easy.

They're all wrote for piano though. If you want more guitar based stuff search 'neo classical guitar ' or yngwie malmsteen, although yngwie stuff isn't easy
Reply 25
Original post by Ridwan
Buying guitars on whims! dude u must be rich

On a gap year, worked for it all. Makes overtime worth while. Working towards a rickenbacker 4003 and a marshall stack

Quick Reply

Latest