The Student Room Group

What to choose as firm and insurance?

Hi everyone :smile:

I'm really struggling on which of my universities to choose as my firm and insurance choice for psychology. I have offers from Bath, Bristol, Surrey and Sussex. Bath is A*AA, Surrey is AAA, and Bristol and Sussex are AABB and AAB respectively.

At the moment I'm hovering between Bath and Surrey as they both have a work experience year which I think is key to getting a career in psychology after my degree but I don't know which one to choose. Bath is the better university overall but Surrey has lower requirements, is closer to home and if I do put Surrey down as my firm and then get A*AA I get a £3000 bursary in my first year which is very tempting. But is it better to go to the better university over being in a better financial state?

Or does it matter more now where your post graduate degree comes from?

For my insurance, I think I do prefer Bristol over Sussex, although at Sussex I would get to spend a year in an American university. Which one would you guys prefer to go to? Or, does a work experience year not make that much difference and it would be better to put Bristol down as my firm? I did a summer school at Bristol and really did like the uni, but then I liked the others as well!

I really don't know what to do! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. What would you put down as your firm and insurance choice? Or which uni do you think it's better, like pros and cons of each?

Please help me!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hi There.

I think you've already answered your question and it sounds like Surrey is appealing more to you. Don't choose a University because you think it may be more respected or better than other universities because at the end of the day your going to come out with a degree in Psychology like all those others that studied it at different Uni's.

Pick the University that has caught your eye the most, that you feel could be your place of study for the next few years and just study hard for your degree and you will get to were you want to go. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenummy
Hi There.

I think you've already answered your question and it sounds like Surrey is appealing more to you. Don't choose a University because you think it may be more respected or better than other universities because at the end of the day your going to come out with a degree in Psychology like all those others that studied it at different Uni's.

Pick the University that has caught your eye the most, that you feel could be your place of study for the next few years and just study hard for your degree and you will get to were you want to go. :smile:

Thank you for your answer! I did decide to firm Surrey in the end and insure Bristol, I came to the same conclusion as you, as long as I get a psychology degree at the end of it, it doesn't really matter where I go :smile:

Thank you anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest