The Student Room Group

Most cringe things you've done when you have a crush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Sent him a really long embaressing text.
Reply 41
I wrote a LOT of super emo poetry about this girl I had a crush on in secondary school but THANKFULLY had the good sense to never show it to anybody. Reading it back a few years later was both embarassing and hilarious. And when I first started talking to my ex I had a list of things we could talk about that would make me sound interesting/smart. Fortunately most of my dorkiness goes on in private xD
Reply 42
answered "here" when his name was called out in registration.
Today :frown:
Each of these are different guys
- Went to college half and hour earlier every Tuesday so I would bump into him on the way out of his lesson
- Kept his glove which had a big hole in it (although to be fair he gave it to me)
- My friend bought me a candle and I used to smell it all the time because the smell reminded me of my crush
- Looked through a big book to find out his surname

I turn in to such an obsessive freak when I get a crush on someone... agghhh.
Haha, I've done soooo many embarrassing things, reaaally don't want to reminisce! Absolutely hate having crushes!! Brings out my awkward side too much, and I find it hard to concentrate on the more important things!

:nooo:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by memomemootoo
sacrificed two weeks of my life to paint him:

tsr.jpg ..i win :sexface:

Did you get your inspiration from this painting?

tumblr_mlo28f9zzN1soizgho1_500.jpg
Reply 46
You guys have no idea how bad things can get, especially when you can see your crushes house from your window! :s-smilie:
Reply 47

Bloody hell. Can you crush on me please?
Reply 48
Original post by anony.mouse
Me, a couple of friends and my crush (conor) were sat talking during rehearsals for a play. Another guy (josh) was on the stage doing some stretches. The girls were saying how fit josh was.. with my crush sat there awkwardly thinking none of us girls could find him attractive let alone fancy him ...

i then said, " n'aww what about Conor, isn't he just as good looking as Josh?" (to me he is, although even conor admits Josh has a better build than he does)

*awkward silence*

Then realised what i'd just said and how it made it obvious that i had a crush on Conor.

Then proceeded to go bright red.

Then one of my 'friends' shouted out for everyone to here " OMG!!!!!!!!! you fancy conor"

.... a month later (after he invited me to a bbq, so I thought he liked me to) I asked him out

.... on the 5th of May, Conor and i will be celebrating our 2yr anniversary <3

Somehow conor doesn't remember this incident !!!!! or maybe he thinks i'll feel embarassed again if he reminds me of it/ admits he remembers it.

Awwwww! :h:
When one of my best friends fancied this other boy in Year 7 she wrote all over the front of my school diary "MM (her initials) 4 MF (his) 4 EVA" Or "I <3 MATT" It was so embarassing having to then get my diary out to show the teachers in lessons :facepalm: I think I had to get a new diary too

I used to really fancy this boy in my R.E class in Year 10 but nothing extended more than drawing "I <3 PAUL" in the back of my R.E book a lot :lol: I also used to pray my teacher never looked at the back of my book
(edited 11 years ago)
This thread helps me feel slightly less socially inept, only a little though :cool:
Reply 51

Woaah - amazing painting! :smile:
Being the romantic nerd I was (okay, still am) in Year 11 I decided to pluck up the courage to ask out mr crush on Valentines Day. I'd gone to the extent of buying her flowers and writing her a romantic poem asking her out, which I had put with the flowers (it was a good two sides of A4 paper!).

So yeah, I walked up to her and presented the flowers and said Happy Valentines Day, she smiled and said thank you, before reading the poem :flowers:

After reading the poem she blushed and said: "Awww thank you...!

...But no, sorry!"

I was fairly heartbroken at the time, and after going to that extent to try and woo her over after getting close to her for quite a while I felt as if it had all been in vain. But now I look back at it and laugh, because it's fairly cringy I guess :facepalm:
I attempted to follow my current crush home a few weeks ago. The problem was I was so scared that he would see me that I walked too far behind him and lost him within 5 minutes.
Reply 54
Original post by justanotherposter
Not really cringeworthy but I have an annoying habit of doing absolutely nothing when I have a crush on a girl and then get annoyed with myself afterwards.

Hear hear.

In fact I strangely start to avoid them.
Oh and I wrote a cringey Taylor Swift-style song (and a rap for the bridge) a few years ago about this crush I had that I'd never even spoken to. I would find it and post the lyrics here but it's too embarrasing.
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
Did you get your inspiration from this painting?

tumblr_mlo28f9zzN1soizgho1_500.jpg

sort of.. it was this:
davidtennanthamlet.jpg

Original post by pandabird
Bloody hell. Can you crush on me please?

nah sorry, you're a girl :colondollar:
Original post by TheBitchOf96
Oh and I wrote a cringey Taylor Swift-style song (and a rap for the bridge) a few years ago about this crush I had that I'd never even spoken to. I would find it and post the lyrics here but it's too embarrasing.

I once did that for some guy I'd seen on my train going to school several times - thank God no one ever found it....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Told her to stop kissing her girlfriend. I was drunk to be honest. And she was a lesbian.
Original post by kath_igidbashian
I once did that for some guy I'd seen on my train going to school several times - thank God no one ever found it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also just to add my brain seems to go to mush and I just laugh at pretty much most things he says..then because stalker as I am I looked up his surname and because a group of us were talking about Ireland I suddenly brought up which county his name was from and the different variants - needless to say I got some odd looks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending