The Student Room Group

Imperial Year 11 Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maktub
I'm going this year :smile:

same!which subject are you doing
Reply 41
I'm going this yr too.. anyone doing advanced engineering?
Reply 42
Original post by wildcherry
same!which subject are you doing

I did chemistry. What about you?
Reply 43
Original post by elliema3
I'm going this yr too.. anyone doing advanced engineering?

Oh nice. Nope not me. How was it though?
Reply 44
I'm in the process of applying and I'm also going for chemistry. However I'm a bit stuck on how to write my personal statement so if anyone can help me out it would be great! xx
Original post by _HS
I'm in the process of applying and I'm also going for chemistry. However I'm a bit stuck on how to write my personal statement so if anyone can help me out it would be great! xx

Same! I'm just up to that stage in the application and finding it really difficult as I have never done a personal statement. Also I'm hoping to pursue medicine, however as this is STEM I feel like mentioning medicine too much may be off putting as I'm meant to be emphasising biology.
Reply 46
yeah I've never written a personal statement either but i guess it's good practice for the future? Maybe you can get someone to help you with it like a teacher from school? I feel like I haven't done much outside of school for chemistry though plus i doubt i'll get in because I don't fit any of those criteria they put on the website...
I've asked a teacher to proofread it but I think she'll be pretty useless, I just don't know where to start even making a draft. I don't meet all of the criteria maybe 1 or 2 but I really hope I get in, it would be great if anyone from past years who got on it could give us any advice. Really don't want to mess it up because this is the only relevant summer school for year 11s that i've found
I got into the summer school for biology😊
Reply 49
Congratulations! Hope you have fun and enjoy every second of it.
Nice! I got in for biology :smile:
Original post by Maktub
Congratulations! Hope you have fun and enjoy every second of it.

Thank you for your help! I'm sure I will :smile:
Original post by thomas-cowley
Nice! I got in for biology :smile:

That's great :smile: I'm sure I'll see you there
Original post by ryanb97
Hello

So i didnt know where to post this thread ... but it is relevant to GCSE students

So.... is anyone going to :
Im going for chemistry..
Has anyone heard anything back yet??

Ryan

heyy, I got into the chemistry one as well; btw is it going to be for everyone around the UK or just for those who live in London?

See you on the 10th,
Carol
Original post by clorenzoni5
heyy, I got into the chemistry one as well; btw is it going to be for everyone around the UK or just for those who live in London?

See you on the 10th,
Carol

Hi, this thread is very old I think I'm the only one going this year that's active on here. Yes, it's for all of the U.K.- I am coming from Manchester, and doesn't it start on the 11th not the 10th?
Original post by Littleone2000
Hi, this thread is very old I think I'm the only one going this year that's active on here. Yes, it's for all of the U.K.- I am coming from Manchester, and doesn't it start on the 11th not the 10th?

Yes, 11th till the 15th ( do not ask me how i mixed up the dates *-*). Which one are doing? chem, bio or phys?
Yes, 11th till the 15th ( do not ask me how i mixed up the dates *-*). Which one are doing? chem, bio or phys?

Biology. It should be good :smile: are you from London then?
Biology. It should be good :smile: are you from London then?

Yep. Am I the only one a bit scared about sharing the room? I really hope the girl i get is nice. What do u want to do at uni btw?
Yep. Am I the only one a bit scared about sharing the room? I really hope the girl i get is nice. What do u want to do at uni btw?

Yeah I get that& medicine, and you?
Yeah I get that& medicine, and you?

same

Quick Reply

Latest