The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Creative Advertising at Lincoln Uni?

Starting the Creative Advertising course at Lincoln University in September 2013, anyone else doing the same or something similar??? I want some friends, I'm a nice person :-)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm studying Creative Advertising this year! Just waiting to find out what accomodation I'm in.. :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Aw good!:smile: what accomodation have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've applied for Lincoln Courts (on-campus) and you? :smile:
Reply 4
I've applied for off campus :smile:
Reply 5
I've applied for off campus too! so excited :smile:
Reply 6
Reply 7
I've applied for Courts :smile:
Reply 8
Brayford Quays is where it's at! Are any of you guys thinking of joining the Creative Ad society?
Reply 9
Original post by rachaelcw
Brayford Quays is where it's at! Are any of you guys thinking of joining the Creative Ad society?

Yeah definitely, they were explaining a bit on the interview day and i think they have parties and go down to London and stuff so it sounds really good!
Reply 10
Original post by EmmyLauren
Yeah definitely, they were explaining a bit on the interview day and i think they have parties and go down to London and stuff so it sounds really good!

Exciting! Tempted to make a group on Facebook as its easier than quoting on here, gives everyone a chance to talk :smile:
Original post by rachaelcw
Exciting! Tempted to make a group on Facebook as its easier than quoting on here, gives everyone a chance to talk :smile:

Good idea! Plus more people have a Facebook account than a TSR one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmyLauren
I've applied for Courts :smile:

I've applied to the en-suite room for Courts :smile: hopefully they wont be as bad as the showroom was when they were doing the tours..
Original post by Ashlee_1993
I've applied to the en-suite room for Courts :smile: hopefully they wont be as bad as the showroom was when they were doing the tours..

The showroom I saw was quite decent, I think I missed out on seeing the dingy ones which worries me slightly about what we're getting ourselves into! I've applied for an en-suite too. I'm so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm doing this course too :biggrin:

I've applied for danesgate house, just waiting to hear back from them. you looking forward to going then :smile:
Yeah just hoping I get in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
im doing graphic design, i applied for the pavillions. im so excited. i can be a nice person, depends on my mood :P
Reply 17
Original post by xRebeccaPalmer
Starting the Creative Advertising course at Lincoln University in September 2013, anyone else doing the same or something similar??? I want some friends, I'm a nice person :-)

Hey, I'm in two minds. I'm currently going to be doing history in sept. I'm trying to decide whether or not to change to do creative advertising. As it turns out I'm not bad at graphic design and being creative. However didn't get to see the course on an open day. Just wondering if I could get your thoughts on it.

Oh yeah and I know they are quite different lol
Original post by LukeB1994
Hey, I'm in two minds. I'm currently going to be doing history in sept. I'm trying to decide whether or not to change to do creative advertising. As it turns out I'm not bad at graphic design and being creative. However didn't get to see the course on an open day. Just wondering if I could get your thoughts on it.

Yes come and join us! :tongue: I was actually in a similar position last September with Creative Ad and whether I should do History instead but decided I'm better at art. Just think about what you'd like to get into career wise and whether a less academic course would be to your taste. The course sounds incredibly fun (and a tad crazy IMO!) but hard work with previous students telling me they'd spend all their time on coursework etc. so if I was you I'd just think about what you think would suit you more and what you would enjoy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by LukeB1994

the course, older years and teachers were all really nice and it looks like a good place to be. But if in the end you decide you'd rather do the history course, you could always sign up for either the creative advertising society or the graphic design society. I think they only cost £5 for the entire year.

Quick Reply

Latest