The Student Room Group

The UCL academy sixth form

Does anybody know when applicants for 2013 get their replys from the UCL academy in Swiss Cottage.

Thanks reply ASAP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They had informed us of the outcome of the application on the 3rd may.
How did you do?
Reply 2
I got a conditional offer! How did it go for you?
Original post by fay_muse

Hi, I got a conditional offer too, except I'm not sure if I want to go there...Its a bit of a journey, plus I don't really know what to expect. I haven't been there. It sounds kinda strict and professional
Have any of you been to the open day?
Reply 5
What are your a level subject choices?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by fay_muse

Unfortunately I was placed on the waiting list- its probably because I live further away. How many miles away are you guys from the school? Do you live in Camden?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by username_n/a
Have any of you been to the open day?

I went to the open day, the resources and stuff are great, but it did seem a lot like a uni type where everyone is independent rather than a college.
Also I know someone who went and she said because it was just starting up she found it hard to settle as they hadn't finalised the syllabus and textbooks and stuff. So she came to our Saturday schl for extra tuition. But I don't know if you guys tend to self study then I suppose it should be good :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and some civilisation thing, I have no idea why I chose it :s-smilie: ... What did you chose?

Original post by samcharles
Unfortunately I was placed on the waiting list- its probably because I live further away. How many miles away are you guys from the school? Do you live in Camden?<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />

I live kinda far, like tube journey far...that's one of the reasons I'm not sure about going there. How late did you apply?
Oops...I keep on messing the layout up. :frown:
I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and some civilisation thing, I have no idea why I chose it :s-smilie: ... What did you chose?

I live kinda far, like tube journey far...that's one of the reasons I'm not sure about going there. How late did you apply?

I applied before the first round of applications ended, so I wasn't late. They said it was because I live further away. I have chosen the same choices and economics instead of civilisation.
It takes me around 40 minutes by train, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I chose biology,,chemistr,maths and English literature.And i live 5 minutes away.
What are your predicted grades like??
My grades were all As, but reading their criteria, it seems they prioritise students who live closer. The sad thing is this was my first choice, ahh well whatever is meant to be will happen. Good luck guys! :smile:
Original post by samcharles
My grades were all As, but reading their criteria, it seems they prioritise students who live closer. The sad thing is this was my first choice, ahh well whatever is meant to be will happen. Good luck guys! :smile:

...That's strange. I live in west London and my grades were A's and B's. What is the waiting list anyway? You could try calling up or something...
...That's strange. I live in west London and my grades were A's and B's. What is the waiting list anyway? You could try calling up or something...

It is really weird...the waiting list is put in order of distance too, so if a candidate drops out then people on the waiting list are offered a place.

Yeah I will wait to see my place on the waiting list first then I may give them a call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I applied and I got accepted for a Conditional Offer!

I accepted the offer.

I will probably accept them in August too!

I'm gonna be studying:
Spanish, Physics, Further Maths, Computer Science.

I want to go to a top university to study Computer Science! ^_^

Anyone going there...message me so we can get to know each other maybe? ^_^ :smile:
Reply 16
Has anybody got a reply for the admission meeting?
I rang them earlier and they said they will be replying after the half term holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Ohh right! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 19
Has anybody received anything yet? An admission meeting letter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending