The Student Room Group

The Most attractive football playing teams in the Premier League?

My mate made a list and I'm wondering if you agree, its in terms of the brand of football.
Arsenal
Tottenham
Swansea
Southampton
Manchester City
Wigan
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manchester United
Aston Villa
Fulham
Everton
West Brom
Sunderland(Under Di Canio, under O'Neil my mate reckon they're 2nd to last)
Reading
Qpr
West Ham
Newcastle United
Norwich
Stoke
Reply 1
Stoke :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by trrr
My mate made a list and I'm wondering if you agree, its in terms of the brand of football.
Arsenal
Tottenham
Swansea
Southampton
Manchester City
Wigan
Liverpool
Chelsea
Manchester United
Aston Villa
Fulham
Everton
West Brom
Sunderland(Under Di Canio, under O'Neil my mate reckon they're 2nd to last)
Reading
Qpr
West Ham
Newcastle United
Norwich
Stoke

Can't disagree with much of that but Spurs ahead of Swansea and Wigan? Call me biased but I think we play far better football week in week out than City too.
I think you're being generous by putting us third from bottom.
Reply 4
Not Arsenal there is a difference between playing good football and just aimlessly passing it slowly sideways and the last couple of years we only really do the latter most of the time, best I have seen this season is Swansea but obviously not watching every team every week makes it difficult to say
Depends on what 'attractive football' is.

I would say end to end stuff is the most exciting and attractive for me. Rather than the tippy-tappy pass your opponent to death ****e.
Tottenham.
I am an Arsenal fan but I don't believe that Arsenal currently play the most beautiful football in the Premier League, not since about 2006 has that been the case. I think last season City were probably the best team to watch, but this season I am really not sure :confused:
Reply 8
Swansea or Liverpool.
Swansea and Spurs most notably.
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
I am an Arsenal fan but I don't believe that Arsenal currently play the most beautiful football in the Premier League, not since about 2006 has that been the case. I think last season City were probably the best team to watch, but this season I am really not sure :confused:

About 2006??

Really? Come on.

What about the days of Fabregas and Hleb bossing the midfield, Fabregas was the innovator of the dextrous and fluid style of passing play that Wenger loves. I'd say about 2009 or 10 is when it stopped when cesc left the club and the gunners have lacked that special 'touch' since. Back in the 2007's-2010 seasons, the technicality of play implemented was brilliant which helper Arsenal produce some exceptional displays and some stunning one touch football along with an array of a threatening attack. All credited by the attribution of the props from midfield. Despite not winning any trophy during that period you cannot deny the greatness and pure quality of football produced. A good example being the 2-1 win against Barcelona as well, I would summarise it as 'phenomenal' football, terrific performance encompassed with some magical football.
Reply 11
If the football was half as good as you describe, Arsenal would have won something.
Reply 12
Arsenal play rubbish football. I go to sleep in half their matches as they just play slow tempo passing football to **** teams who will just let them have the ball all match(they had 90% possession vs fulham after 15 mins e.g.). Only time it gets interesting is the second half and even then their football is pretty dire. Chelsea are easily above arsenal. I'd put tottenham first, chelsea second, city(when bothered e.g. FA cup semi final) 3rd, southampton 4th, swansea 5th but they draw with southampton.

Don't care about the rest but arsenal is definitely not in the top 5 in attractive football.
Reply 13
The Premier League should be represented well in the Europa League next season then, with teams like Wigan and Swansea competing.

Quick Reply

Latest