The Student Room Group

Social Life Dilemma

Hello!

So I come from a country where people are warm and friendly and you could approach a stranger on the street and start a conversation 60% of the time.(Not to be weird, that example is just to explain the point I'm making).

Now I due to start Uni soon and I'm really worried about loneliness. From what I've been reading here on TSR, alcohol is like a must to socialize, I drink, basically my question is why do UG students have such a bad reputation? Will you get a peculiar look if you walk up to another student who seems interesting and try to befriend them?

Where do you think one can socialize normally and meet warm, welcoming people who won't treat me differently because of my race?

Ideas people? :smile: I hope I haven't offended anyone, I've formed these opinions via TSR so if anyone's to blame it the people that make such posts. :wink:
Freshers usually will chat with anyone talk to peple on you course freshers fair etc etc
The first few weeks people will talk to anyone, especially where there's a shared situation (same halls, course, society etc).

Taking on public transport to strangers does, however, remain rare!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending