The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahh2909

Yeah, i got an email Friday saying halls have been assigned and to look on my PIP page Monday to view and accept my offer !

Yeah I have logged on and found out I'm in Westminster! I also emailed accommodation office to ask about if we are together and they said "primary ed students are housed together due to the longer contract length" SOOOO thats good right? :biggrin:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 781
hey, wondering if anyone can help me? i can't log onto my PIP page to see my accommodation offer, I tried using my ucas number, like they said, but it's not working. Just wondering what everyone else used to log in? any help would be great!
I'm using my UCAS number and logging in no bother. Maybe give them an email to see what the story is.
Reply 783
Original post by Olga1988
great:smile: What will you be studying?

Physiotherapy..you?
Original post by lindars
Yeah I have logged on and found out I'm in Westminster! I also emailed accommodation office to ask about if we are together and they said "primary ed students are housed together due to the longer contract length" SOOOO thats good right? :biggrin:

Arr wicked ! :biggrin: yeah that is good ! We will be able to help each other out ! And understand when we have placement that we need enough sleep lol .. What block r u in ?!
Reply 785
Okay I've logged on now, but it's not actually telling me which halls I'm in? Has this happened to anyone else?
Original post by Emilymf
Physiotherapy..you?

MA in Publishing :smile:
Which block will you be in?In the dorms I mean
Arr wicked ! :biggrin: yeah that is good ! We will be able to help each other out ! And understand when we have placement that we need enough sleep lol .. What block r u in ?!

I know right!

Where does it say block? :s-smilie: E?
Original post by lindars
I know right!

Where does it say block? :s-smilie: E?

In your licence to oppucy .. It says 'Room' mines E10A !
Reply 789
Original post by e_shaw
Okay I've logged on now, but it's not actually telling me which halls I'm in? Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi

Did you receive an unconditional offer? Anyone who received a conditional offer can't see which halls they've been given until... I think the 15th Aug? If you've got an unconditional then try following the info below

Log on, click on the 'On-line Accommodation' tab and it should tell you which halls you're in there. If you want to see which block/room you're in, click on the 'print your Licence to Occupy' link (in the 'On-line Accommodation' tab) and your room will be under the 'Dates of Occupation' header.

If your halls aren't showing after clicking on the 'On-line Accommodation' tab then you'd probably be best to ring the Oxford Brookes accommodation bureau

Hope this helps a little
In your licence to oppucy .. It says 'Room' mines E10A !

E12E what ever that means :P I wish there was a halls/flat layout map kind of thing!
My daughter has been accepted on Fine Arts BA. She will be studying part-time. Not sure how it works yet except that she can choose how many modules she studies each year (there is a minimum and maximum limit) and I presume she will study alongside full-time students. Now trying to sort out accommodation which isn't usually given to part-timers but she has medical conditions so in touch with accommodation and support services.
Original post by lindars

Guys who is the email from? I haven't been sent jack **** and it's annoying the crap out of me -___-
Riiiight.. Eventually found the email, my UCAS isn't working for the PIP log in, and it's so frustrating not being able to view my accommodation offer.
Reply 794
Brookes September 2014 :biggrin:

There are yet to tell me which hall I will be placed in. Is this normal?

I applied for philosophy but I am hoping to change to adult and mental health nursing, anyone know the likelihood of vacancies in adult and mental health nursing?

+ is anyone else going to be studying philosophy or adult and mental health nursing this September?
Reply 795
Will anyone be doing a MSc in Public Health??
Original post by abie_lark
Guys who is the email from? I haven't been sent jack **** and it's annoying the crap out of me -___-

I wasn't actually emailed until I emailed them first. But I logged onto the PIP page using my UCAS ID and the password Brookes sent when I applied for accommodation and it was on there. Hope that helps? What course are you studying? :smile:
Original post by SophF_rth
That would be good! Not long till we apply now :/ Hope to meet a few people on TSR before starting. Only thing that puts me off OB is that there is only accomodation building near the business school and its shared bathroom but catered! Unless I read it wrong. But otherwise looks bood :smile:[/
QUOTE]

Hi, currently at brookes and thought I'd give you a heads up. Your course will be centred around Wheatley campus, but DONT under any circumstances apply for Wheatley accommodation, it's convenient for lectures etc but it is in the middle of absolute nowhere. It's around 30-40 minute bus to central Oxford where most other students are and where everything is. So socially you will struggle in the beginning with meeting people outside of Wheatley. Shopping for food and nightlife becomes difficult and rather expensive. So I would advise you to avoid living in Wheatley even if your course is there. I have 70% of my lectures there and in the long run you would rather be in halls closer to the centre and bus to Wheatley for lectures. Anyway you will love brookes, enjoy freshers. Oh and don't buy multi freshers tickets like the "monster" ticket. Wait till you arrive and buy tickets individually depending in what your flat mates and friends are going to. Better and cheaper
Anyone doing biomedical sciences?
Original post by Jedidja
Anyone doing biomedical sciences?

Nope but chances are I'll be running the first year practicals for some modules of that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending