The Student Room Group

Resitting a year?

Hi,

Basically I'm at risk of needing to resit first year due to poor attendance due to health and missing a few lab sessions. What my personal tutor has said that if this is possible I will either need to resit the year, or do a part-time year next year and then go back onto full for 2nd and 3rd year.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if Student Finance is affected by doing a part-time year or not?

Many Thanks,
Jake
Original post by Jake200493
Hi,

Basically I'm at risk of needing to resit first year due to poor attendance due to health and missing a few lab sessions. What my personal tutor has said that if this is possible I will either need to resit the year, or do a part-time year next year and then go back onto full for 2nd and 3rd year.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if Student Finance is affected by doing a part-time year or not?

Many Thanks,
Jake

I'm not sure on the exact rules for a part time year part way through, but I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue.

You are entitled to length of your course +1 for finance, and the +1 is meant exactly for resits or false starts, so I think you will be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Jake200493
Hi,

Many Thanks,
Jake

if you do the year fully you should be funded, however i know student finance doesn't offer the same finance for part time years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending