The Student Room Group

What is English Literature?

Okay, I know what English Literature is but I don't know about Edexcel IGCSE/GCSE English Literature. We don't have Eng. Lit. teachers in our school so I haven't got any idea.
Is it something that you can do by reading the required books and the textbook or do you absolutely need a teacher?
Thanks for reading.
PS: I am very good at writing essays and always get the highest mark if it will affect your decision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Looking at pieces of literature and analysing them in in terms of themes, characters, the overall message... etc.

"PS: I am very good at writing essays and always get the highest mark if it will affect you decision." good old student room
Reply 2
Original post by jjpneed
Looking at pieces of literature and analysing them in in terms of themes, characters, the overall message... etc.

"PS: I am very good at writing essays and always get the highest mark if it will affect you decision." good old student room

Thanks I should probably just check the book out but the bookstore which the student book is sold is at another city so it takes time. One more question; Do books change every year or are the same books repeated every year?
Reply 3
Original post by Oyks
Thanks I should probably just check the book out but the bookstore which the student book is sold is at another city so it takes time. One more question; Do books change every year or are the same books repeated every year?

You have a selection of books to study from a fairly stagnant list. For instance, I did my literature exam earlier today and it involved the study of a play (Blood Brothers) and a novel (A Christmas Carol). There were eight plays to choose from (at least, I think they were all plays), and eight novels.

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for your query?
Reply 4
Original post by jjpneed
You have a selection of books to study from a fairly stagnant list. For instance, I did my literature exam earlier today and it involved the study of a play (Blood Brothers) and a novel (A Christmas Carol). There were eight plays to choose from (at least, I think they were all plays), and eight novels.

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for your query?

I am interested in taking IGCSE on this subject so I wanted to know what other people do in their classes. I just wanted found out if I can do it on my own, and with the help of the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending