The Student Room Group

Southampton BM4 2014 Entry

Come on, I can't be the only one....

Scroll to see replies

Me! I want to apply there too hopefully :biggrin:
Yay! A friend.

What's your background/story? I graduated from my first degree way back in 2005 and have been a police officer since then, looking for a career change
Reply 3
Hoping to apply here...but it may change depending on what I get for the UKCAT...
Reply 4
This is also on my shortlist for application.
Reply 5
Original post by Pittawithcheese
Yay! A friend.

What's your background/story? I graduated from my first degree way back in 2005 and have been a police officer since then, looking for a career change

I'm a nurse with two years post qual experience but looking for a new challenge
Me thinks I shall also be applying :biggrin: UKCAT over and done with so time to focus on everything else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying to Soton BM4 too, now that the UKCAT plays an important part in the invitation to interview. Rumour has it they will now invite those with the highest UKCATs first and move backwards until interview slots are filled?

I got 640, 680, 800, 840 (740) Band 1. Reckon that's enough?
Original post by MJK91
I'm applying to Soton BM4 too, now that the UKCAT plays an important part in the invitation to interview. Rumour has it they will now invite those with the highest UKCATs first and move backwards until interview slots are filled?

I got 640, 680, 800, 840 (740) Band 1. Reckon that's enough?

I m not sure if this new rule will apply to the BM4 course actually, definitely BM5 though :smile: I will find out for you if you'd like?
Original post by BethaneyJ
I m not sure if this new rule will apply to the BM4 course actually, definitely BM5 though :smile: I will find out for you if you'd like?

That'd be great if you could! :smile:
Original post by MJK91

Np, I'll drop an email now :smile:
Original post by MJK91

I got an automated "Out of office until Monday" from my person on the inside :wink: I'll update you when I get it :biggrin:
So my latest intell. is: UKCAT minimum 2500, then UKCAT ranked and starting at the top, invited for interview. This will likely be a written task and group and individual interviews.

You will also now need a C at chemistry a A level (or AS bio&chem).
You will also now need a C at chemistry a A level (or AS bio&chem).

Even if you have chemistry as part of your degree? That'll piss me off!
Original post by MJK91

They may be lenient with this, but it is something worth getting in touch with admissions about. I would hope it would be fine.
Will Southampton definitely be interviewing for 2014 BM4 entry then? I'm hoping to apply here too ukcat dependent of course. Good luck everyone!
Original post by bluepanda123
Will Southampton definitely be interviewing for 2014 BM4 entry then? I'm hoping to apply here too ukcat dependent of course. Good luck everyone!

By the looks of it yes. They are spending the summer detailing the plans so if all goes well they should be applying it to 2014 entry. The plans are currently as I have detailed above which includes 2 interview stages and a written task.
By the looks of it yes. They are spending the summer detailing the plans so if all goes well they should be applying it to 2014 entry. The plans are currently as I have detailed above which includes 2 interview stages and a written task.

Strange that they've gone from not interviewing anyone to having an excessive interview process :tongue:
Original post by MJK91
Strange that they've gone from not interviewing anyone to having an excessive interview process :tongue:

Yeah, the GMC kicked up a fuss apparently and we have huge numbers of applicants so it might have reduce that a little!

Did you ask about your chemistry? What did they say?
Original post by MJK91

I don't know if you managed to find out, but the email I received stated this,

'-A minimum of grade C in A level Chemistry or alternatively a grade C in Chemistry and Biology at AS level.
However, we state in our policy that those applicants who have a significant amount of Chemistry in their degree may be considered without A Level Chemistry. The degrees this would apply to are: Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Biomedical Sciences. Upon application you would need to submit your syllabus as evidence and to be assessed by the programme director on a case by case basis.'

So it looks like they do take your previous course into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending