The Student Room Group

Southampton BM4 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LRichards0891
Anyone got any ideas about interview dates? Or even when we may find out? Just for booking holidays and all is what I'm thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read back a couple of pages, dates are published on this thread. No idea when the invites will come though
Anyone got any ideas about interview dates? Or even when we may find out? Just for booking holidays and all is what I'm thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Historically interview letters go out 2 weeks before the date of the interview. Whether that is different this year I don't know, but I don't imagine it will be wildly different. And go to the top of page 4 (we're now on 5) and the dates are all there. Just find the BM4 ones. Though they are subject to change and I haven't checked lately :colondollar:
Original post by BethaneyJ
Historically interview letters go out 2 weeks before the date of the interview. Whether that is different this year I don't know, but I don't imagine it will be wildly different. And go to the top of page 4 (we're now on 5) and the dates are all there. Just find the BM4 ones. Though they are subject to change and I haven't checked lately :colondollar:

Do Southampton send letters and emails or just letters. I'm due to move house about 2 weeks before the first bm4 interview so letters only would be a worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
Do Southampton send letters and emails or just letters. I'm due to move house about 2 weeks before the first bm4 interview so letters only would be a worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again I am not sure. My interview was sent out via letter, but back then they only did just over 100 interviews for various reasons (BM6 has always been interviewed). Now they're looking at a whole lot more because they have BM4 5 and 6 so I don't know if they'll change it.

My only advice would be to set up a mail redirect with the post office ready to start the day you move!
Anyone heard anything yet....?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pittawithcheese
Anyone heard anything yet....?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope but realistically it will probably be next week at the earliest.Going to go and look at last years Warwick thread to see when they started getting invites
Reply 86
Did anyone get acknowledgements from Southampton this year?
Original post by Shi_le
Did anyone get acknowledgements from Southampton this year?

Yeah a general postcard first and then an email a bit later on
Reply 88
Original post by Amyk89
Yeah a general postcard first and then an email a bit later on

Huh. Well that is extremely worrying... I assume they have my application though as I've heard back from the other 3. Thank you.
I didn't get a postcard? Just an email :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got just a general university confirmation postcard it wasn't from the med school. I don't think Southampton have been that consistent with their acknowledgements so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Shi_le
Huh. Well that is extremely worrying... I assume they have my application though as I've heard back from the other 3. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Amyk89
I got just a general university confirmation postcard it wasn't from the med school. I don't think Southampton have been that consistent with their acknowledgements so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've received absolutely nothing from Southampton. I decided to ring them and get a verbal confirmation directly from the medical school. I really wouldn't worry if you've not heard from them, especially if your other choices have all acknowledged you :smile:.
Aaaargh! Come on Soton this is excruciating....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaaargh! Come on Soton this is excruciating....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if you are part of the first load of interviews there is a strong chance they might not give out offers until after all candidates have been interviewed. It's a long waiting game (I know, I did it twice myself). As hard as it is, just try to forget about it :sadnod:.
Original post by BethaneyJ
Even if you are part of the first load of interviews there is a strong chance they might not give out offers until after all candidates have been interviewed. It's a long waiting game (I know, I did it twice myself). As hard as it is, just try to forget about it :sadnod:.

Thanks for the info, and I know I should be patient but.... *chews fingernails*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every time I see your username on TSR, I get hungry.
Original post by MJK91
Every time I see your username on TSR, I get hungry.

Should I change it to: "PittaWithLettuce"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I change it to: "PittaWithLettuce"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slightly less appetising!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamthebananalady
Slightly less appetising!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmmmm, animal rennet....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mmmmm, animal rennet....

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you put it like that - maybe lettuce is more appetising...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending