The Student Room Group

As further maths or 4 A2s?

I'm currently doing Maths, Physics, Geography and Economics for A-level and would like to study engineering at uni (specifcally aeronautical). Anyway I know for the top unis further maths is advised, but unfortunately only a small number of students are allowed to do it my school. To compensate for this (although obviously not as good) I wanted to do 4 A-levels.

So my dilemma is this: if I get 4 As at as-level, should i continue with them to A2, or drop one and do As further maths but with the the proviso that i would probably have to teach some of it myself at home as I would not officially be in the further maths class?
Depends how much you want to do further maths. You could always ask your referee to mention that it's not very common at your school and then they can't discriminate against you.
Reply 2
If you think that you can motivate yourself to do AS further maths then do it! i think my teacher said that an A at AS further is more valued than an A at A2 Maths (i would personally drop economics for it...or geography if you want to lighten your workload)

Latest

Trending

Trending