The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Help! Failing MA 100

Anyone knows that if I fail MA 100, if I can go on to take Economics during my 2nd year? I saw prerequisite for 2nd year econs is EC 102 and a basic quantitative math course. Anyone has any advice ?
Reply 1
I think the conditions are 70 in Econ B, 70 in one of ST102 or MA100 and 60 in two other modules? So no, if you fail MA100, they most likely won't let you switch.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Swayum
I think the conditions are 70 in Econ B, 70 in one of ST102 or MA100 and 60 in two other modules? So no, if you fail MA100, they most likely won't let you switch.

Thanks for your reply. But this is confusing me. You mean I need to have a first in two subjects and an upper second in one in order to take ec210? What happens if I don't get those grades?
Reply 3
Original post by Pauly
Thanks for your reply. But this is confusing me. You mean I need to have a first in two subjects and an upper second in one in order to take ec210? What happens if I don't get those grades?

The way you phrased your first post suggested to me that you wanted to switch your degree from whatever you're doing to BSc Economics. In order to do that, you have to meet the criteria I said. If you just want to take EC210 from a degree that offers it then you really just need to have taken EC102.
Reply 4
Original post by Swayum
The way you phrased your first post suggested to me that you wanted to switch your degree from whatever you're doing to BSc Economics. In order to do that, you have to meet the criteria I said. If you just want to take EC210 from a degree that offers it then you really just need to have taken EC102.

Got it! Thanks . No i am doing A&F and if I were to switch, it should be sthing easier...definitely not economics. mA just screwed me up. Totally stressed out! It's really nice to have people like you to chat with . The current students don't seem to have what you guys had during your time. Exchanging ideas and helping out etc on these forums. Are you still at the school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending