The Student Room Group

Most likeable/unlikeable footballers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robocop1andahalf
WTF? Teddy Sheringham, likeable? Are you completely off your marbles or something?

What do you dislike so much about him? Please validate any subjectivity first.

Plus you call that as going 'off your marbles', have you not seen the earlier posts on this thread. There was someone who labelled Ibrahimovic as likeable and Frank Lampard as unlikeable. :facepalm2: As well as the post which listed all the Arsenal Legands as likeable as opposed to some Spurs' players as unlikeable. :laugh:

Harry James
Natale? I think most people in England don't even think of him. Why is Jordi Alba unlikeable?

Yeah a lot of people in England will not instantly think of Di Natale but the majority of Serie A followers will. He is genuinely a good friendly guy, tends to be humble and very accepting of defeat. Known for supporting other teammates and is regarded as a key leader by all of Udinese. Plus even in his life outside of footall, he financially supports disabled orphans; earning praise from many Italians.

Also, Jordi Alba is a dick, the other user posted a video of his ridiculous behaviour on the pitch, and there have been many more incidents similar to that too. For example, recently, he smashed the ball at Robben's head during the CL semi final out of frustration over a decision. And he got away with it, he is evidently a ****.
Reply 41
Original post by Zürich

Lahm is very arrogant and shows little humility, and does it with no charm whatsoever. Basically comes out with statements like ''they were awful, we knew we would beat them because we're fc Bayern'' every now and again. The contrast with Schweinsteiger is notable whenever I've seen interviews, although maybe theyve just been translated badly as Lahm seems likable enough on the pitch,

Cant help but like Ibrahimovic, he's got lots of charm.

Lahms an arrogant ****, nothing felt better than watching him and schweinsteigger cry their eyes out after losing the CL final. :sogood:

Original post by DaveSmith99
Because he's a little bitch

Yeah, alba's a prick tbh. I don't get why no one else picks up on it(probably biased), half of barca's and madrid team turn into ***** in a match. That win at all costs mentality and lack of respect of the opposition isn't just from madrid. Although I still find the intentional bookings to get ruled out of non ties funny as hell.
Reply 42
Original post by robocop1andahalf
WTF? Teddy Sheringham, likeable? Are you completely off your marbles or something?

Sheringham got lucky from that corner too, a series of miskicks from him and solskjaer. :cool:
I'm surprised no one seems to have said CHRISTIANO RONALDO IS THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON TO BE BORN ON PLANET EARTH. Rooneys a close second cuz he's got such a big mouth for never doing anything. Most likeable: zidane, the real ronaldo and Owen IMO. Today maybe Walcott.
Reply 44
Ribery is the marmite of the football world
Reply 45
Likeable: Carragher, Alonso, Lucas Leiva, Mata, Hamann, Kaka, Beckham, Agger, Kompany, Lampard, Cech (dunno why, just the vibe I get from him), Mascherano, Luis Garcia, Roy Keane , Nolan

Unlikeable: Rooney, Jonjo Shelvey, C Ronaldo, Evra, Nani, Owen, Shearer, Torres, Terry, A Cole
Original post by Harrie Lyons
I'm surprised no one seems to have said CHRISTIANO RONALDO IS THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON TO BE BORN ON PLANET EARTH. Rooneys a close second cuz he's got such a big mouth for never doing anything. Most likeable: zidane, the real ronaldo and Owen IMO. Today maybe Walcott.

You'll find a lot of Newcastle and Liverpool fans saying the same about Michael Owen.

Original post by sr90
You'll find a lot of Newcastle and Liverpool fans saying the same about Michael Owen.

Lol, come on though, between the hair (and the way he thinks he's the brad Pitt of football), the fake tricks, and THOSE two matches against England I don't see how anyone can beat Ronaldo for sheer pratishness. Owen had lost it obviously by Newcastle time but the stuff he did for England 98-04 was worthy of all our respect IMO best stricker we've ever had whereas Rooney is England's biggest disappointment ever
Lol, come on though, between the hair (and the way he thinks he's the brad Pitt of football), the fake tricks, and THOSE two matches against England I don't see how anyone can beat Ronaldo for sheer pratishness. Owen had lost it obviously by Newcastle time but the stuff he did for England 98-04 was worthy of all our respect IMO best stricker we've ever had whereas Rooney is England's biggest disappointment ever

I do agree but to be fair, who hasn't been a disappointment for England since 2006?
Original post by sr90
I do agree but to be fair, who hasn't been a disappointment for England since 2006?

Ain't that the truth lol though IMO Rooney received the most hype and hope and therefore should get the most hate. I think we've all come to realise how good were in 2002 and maybe 2004 idk. But I think that was the best team since 1990 which was the best team since the legendary 66. Looking back at the videos on utube I watched live as a Kid I keep thinking o my gash we are actually PLAYING football, instead of fumbling the ball into the net ala welbeck or Rooney v Ukraine 2012 (literally a paraplegic monkey could of got that goal)
This is what makes David Luiz a likeable player irrespective of what happens on the pitch

Original post by J.Nalbandian14

Being an arrogant prick with a smug face does not help him. Remember him winding up Arsenal fans by kissing the Utd badge? What a dick. And I am not even an Arsenal supporter.
Reply 52
Original post by J.Nalbandian14

Ask Roy Keane and Andrew Cole.
Original post by River85
Ask Roy Keane and Andrew Cole.

Good point, plus speaking of Roy Keane, he's like one of the most pretentious and silliest pricks to have graced the footballing game.

Really?

I bet all those Palestinian children that he has helped/saved don't find him irritating. Must just be you :biggrin:
Original post by marcus2001
This is what makes David Luiz a likeable player irrespective of what happens on the pitch

Have you seen the prank that David Luiz played on Di Maria?
Reply 56
Original post by Manchester United
Really?

I bet all those Palestinian children that he has helped/saved don't find him irritating. Must just be you :biggrin:

Please? Ronaldo saved them? No, no he didn't. Screw me you're one hell of a biased poster.
Original post by Musester
Please? Ronaldo saved them? No, no he didn't. Screw me you're one hell of a biased poster.

He has paid for numerous children's cancer treatment operations, he donated over 1.5+ million euro's/pounds to a single Palestinian charity (after selling one of his awards). He has also helped a lot of families who suffered in the 2004 tsunami (the famous kid who got took out into the sea for 19 days, he was found alive with a Ronaldo shirt on). In addition, he also helped with the Madeira flood, by playing charity matches and donating money to try and prevent similar things from happening again. He is part of the Save The Children charity etc.

I'm sorry if everything I just said doesn't fit the image you have in your head of him. And it's not just him, many other players donate large sums to poor places, for example Drogba. He supported the building of many hospitals in his home town.

I realise some of my posts seem as if I'm bias towards Ronaldo, whilst he is my favourite player, I just think it's unfair when he gets criticised for being selfish etc.

Edit: I don't just talk, I try to provide links, here are some;

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/cristiano-ronaldo-agent-paying-nine-old-cancer-treatment-042054954--sow.html

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ronaldo-sells-golden-boot-for-gaza-help-wins-hearts.aspx?pageID=238&nid=35249

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dcf_1198670256

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/02/22/madeira.cristiano.ronaldo/index.html

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/9958-cristiano-ronaldo-takes-on-child-hunger-in-guatemala
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
He has paid for numerous children's cancer treatment operations, he donated over 3 million euro's/pounds to a single Palestinian charity (after selling one of his awards). He has also helped a lot of families who suffered in the 2004 tsunami (the famous kid who got took out into the sea for 19 days, he was found alive with a Ronaldo shirt on). In addition, he also helped with the Madeira flood, by playing charity matches and donating money to try and prevent similar things from happening again. He is part of the Save The Children charity etc.

I'm sorry if everything I just said doesn't fit the image you have in your head of him. And it's not just him, many other players donate large sums to poor places, for example Drogba. He supported the building of many hospitals in his home town.

I realise some of my posts seem as if I'm bias towards Ronaldo, whilst he is my favourite player, I just think it's unfair when he gets criticised for being selfish etc.

I think he's hated by football fans for his antics, especially in the Euro 2008

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Zürich
Likeable: Parlour, Merson, Niall Quinn, Tony Adams, Beckham, Scholes, Iniesta, Luiz, Carragher, Hamann, Podolski, Seedorf, Xabi Alonso, Benayoun, Kompany, Schweinsteiger, Solskjaer, Cantana, Ibrahimovic, Drogba, Carrick, Balotelli, Gary/Phil Neville,

Unlikeable: Terry, Lampard, Cole, Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie, Sol Campbell, Hazard, Lahm, Eto'o, Rooney, Shearer, Lineker, Bellamy, Barton, Van Nistelrooy, Van Bommel,

Hazard? Eto'o? Lahm? Lineker? Van Nistelrooy?

Why? You have a lot of hate for no reason.

Quick Reply

Latest