The Student Room Group

PlayStation 4 will be cheaper than Xbox One: which will you buy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by NathanW18
You could be right, but I'm still struggling to see it.

I actually recently bought a Vita, but haven't played a game that has made real use of the touch screen. Reading the Uncharted Abyss reviews, it seems like the touch screen additions for that game generally annoyed gamers, rather than added anything to the game.

Yeah, it's not something I'd expect every game to make use of. Generally 3rd person action games probably aren't going to benefit from it much. But there are plenty of games that could use it.
Reply 721
Pre-ordered PS4 from Amazon Germany!
PS4 + Extra Controller + Camera + Killzone Shadow Fall - £425/ 506 Euros

Best Ps4 deal yet!!!!!!!
So many people I know are choosing PS4 just because of the price. Microsoft are fighting a losing battle for as long as the new Xbox costs more than the PS4.
Reply 723
Think I'll wait until the first batch comes out and the inevitable failures that are associated with them. Will likely buy one next Christmas but tbh, I haven't even plugged my Xbox in since May and will only be doing so at the end of this month for the new FIFA and GTA. Don't know if it's worth me buying a new console anyway :dontknow:
Reply 724
PlayStation 4! My sister and I have always been loyal to Sony and their games, so we'll be sticking with them for this general as well (:
Original post by mokporo
PlayStation 4! My sister and I have always been loyal to Sony and their games, so we'll be sticking with them for this general as well (:

I assume that is because you are younger since I grew up with Sega and Nintendo and noticed that Sony always had the inferior console but "better" games.

Like the PS2 generation the PS2 was around half the power of the Gamecube which was just under half the power of the xbox in itself and you could tell the difference in games but everyone still got the PS2.

Such a shame as Sony seems to brainwash people more than MS for their consoles.
Reply 726
Original post by drbluebox
I assume that is because you are younger since I grew up with Sega and Nintendo and noticed that Sony always had the inferior console but "better" games.

Like the PS2 generation the PS2 was around half the power of the Gamecube which was just under half the power of the xbox in itself and you could tell the difference in games but everyone still got the PS2.

Ah, well, we have had a selection of consoles ourselves including a couple from Nintendo (GameBoy, GameCube and N64). The games for both were enjoyable. I was more indulged in the Nintendo games for a while during my younger years until I started getting older and migrated to the RPG genre in which the PlayStation seemed to have a lot of back in the day.
Reply 727
Original post by drbluebox

Sony just attracts casual gamers who buy their consoles because they are cheap and still have the 'popular' games. If you play an FPS on PS3 you notice the standard of player is really bad straight away whereas xbox is a lot more competitive with serious players.
Reply 728
I've had a Playstation ever since Christmas '97... I don't see a reason to switch especially now
Original post by mokporo
Ah, well, we have had a selection of consoles ourselves including a couple from Nintendo (GameBoy, GameCube and N64). The games for both were enjoyable. I was more indulged in the Nintendo games for a while during my younger years until I started getting older and migrated to the RPG genre in which the PlayStation seemed to have a lot of back in the day.

True, 16 bit the SNES was the best for rpgs (though back in those days most games were unavailable to the poor and masses as no internet) while most rpgs shifted to Sony due to cd format for the ps1 and stuck with ps2 due to popularity.

I have been importing since the PS1 days and have amazing rpgs for Sonys

Quick Reply

Latest