The Student Room Group

Would you be friends with someone for £3,150?

The person in question is looking for a solid trustful friendship with a girl for say a year and this would include:

- Doing things together (cinema, dining out, long drives, weekends away) as friends do
- being able to tell you secrets and you being able to keep secrets
- you being able to share your secrets within reason
- no compromise of social freedom (no emotional attachments) and no expectations of friendship developing into a relationship
- has to be willing to spend time with said person every day
- you should be able to balance university term time with spare time well so that you can spend time with said person
- should not have a boyfriend

Terms would be outlined in a legally binding agreement made by a solicitor to outline how the person will be paid for maintaining said friendship.

Scroll to see replies

Being paid for being someone's friend? Eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Why £3150?
Reply 3
Yes, of course you should take it! That's a nice amount of money for what is probably not an awful lot of effort. And by being "friends" with this guy for a long time, he may well even grow on you and you might end up not disliking it.

Edit: Actually, looking back on it, it might not be worth it. Spending time with them every day? Not being allowed to have a boyfriend? I'm not sure if I'd take the money for those conditions.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I'd be friends with Robert Mugabe for that sort of cash.
Reply 5
I wouldn't, as it would be taking advantage of a person that is most likely to have some kind of mental/depression issues. That should be more concerning.

Why not spend time with them for free, obviously not "every day", but every now and then to help them overcome whatever issues they have.
(edited 10 years ago)
How ****ing sick do you have to be to accept the money? How beta would the person have to be too but still, wtf.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
The person in question is looking for a solid trustful friendship with a girl for say a year and this would include:

- Doing things together (cinema, dining out, long drives, weekends away) as friends do
- being able to tell you secrets and you being able to keep secrets
- no compromise of social freedom (no emotional attachments) and no expectations of friendship developing into a relationship
- you should be able to balance university term time with spare time well so that you can spend time with said person

Terms would be outlined in a legally binding agreement made by a solicitor to outline how the person will be paid for maintaining said friendship.

Money can never buy happiness.
Reply 9
That's not even friendship, that's role-playing.
You want a friend-prostitute?
Reply 11
Why would you stoop so low to pay someone for a false friendship? If you want to be used then go ahead but don't expect happiness out of it.
£3200 and i'll throw in a daily cuddle.
Reply 13
As super facial as this sounds it depends on what she looks like
Reply 14
if it was per month then yes
Reply 15

Ok these points you may need more money.

I don't share my deepest secrets with anyone. I don't spend time everyday with anyone. If I'm at university why would I give up my studies for you? My studies are more important for a measly £3,150. I'm straight so no boyfriend but uh, I wouldn't give up a girlfriend for you either.
Absolutely!
Reply 17
not exactly a lot of money either
Reply 18
Walk into a busy bar with people you like the look of and who appear like they could be good, fun friends. Tell them you just won the money at the bookies or on the lottery or something and put the money behind the bar.

Desperate? Sure, but you'll have a better chance of having fun and maybe making a few friends this way than with your current plan.
That's poor money for a years part time work.

Latest

Trending

Trending