The Student Room Group

Making Friends

So I'm doing AS in september but I'm only in Year 9 (will be Y10 then) and will obviously be in a class with sixth formers. I'm really worried about making friends as I will definitely be the only Y10 and possibly the only non-sixth former, which means my uniform and I are going to stick out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions on how to blend in and make friends? I'm quite mature but just worried about being stuck as seen as the 'little girl' of the class. Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
As a lower 6th student I had friends in year 10. It would have been weird, I admit if they were in the same class as me, but personally I would not have had a problem. Just be yourself. To be taking an AS at such a young age is an achievement you should be proud of. Remember, you deserve to be in that class as much as they do, if not more! Rotate around who you sit next to if you can - once people get to know you, the age gap will shrink.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cynical_Smile01
As a lower 6th student I had friends in year 10. It would have been weird, I admit if they were in the same class as me, but personally I would not have had a problem. Just be yourself. To be taking an AS at such a young age is an achievement you should be proud of. Remember, you deserve to be in that class as much as they do, if not more! Rotate around who you sit next to if you can - once people get to know you, the age gap will shrink.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, just hope people don't judge me too much before they already know me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending