The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been in this position! It honestly makes you feel like ****, and it's so annoying cause I know that on paper the chances of her doing better then me are really ****ing low, not that I'm being spiteful or chauvinistic but I just know who I am in general, and it's in no reflection of who she is.. We had so much in common and we talked all the time but she rejected me when I told her how I felt because she was with someone else (a guy 10 ****ing years older then her...)
Just remember OP you can't wait around for this person to realise how amazing you are, just be yourself and move on.
Original post by Idle
It does suck but when in that situation I just try remember that it's just emotions and that there are 7 billion people in the world, the chances are you will find someone you like more if you give them a chance :smile:

7 billion people... half of which are the opposite sex.... the large majority of which you will never meet... many of those you do meet will be married, gay, taken, not your type, you're not their type, incompatibile, children, elderly...

Chances are not that high actually. Reminds me of this article.

Edit: negs from singles wishing reality was the movies :moon:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by shantz
Yes, It sucks ass. I've been through the same situation although I do admit, I did eventually come down to a 'happy ending'. I never thought he liked me at all because i never thought someone like him would go for someone like me:/ I told him how I felt about him and it turned out that he did like me back, and he did eventually 'ask me out'. We've been together 6 months now, I've never been happier!:biggrin: so I guess the point I'm trying to make is tell him how you feel, and if it doesn't turn out the way you planned then try to accept it, at least you was honest!:smile:

Awwwh! that's sweet :smile: I'm gonna have to think about telling him one day..because I can't keep it all bottled up forever :frown:
Original post by Maid Marian
I was in this situation. Was head over heels in love with this boy for a year, completely infatuated with him. I was stuck in the "weird girl he speaks to but would never fancy" zone. It was ridiculously painful ... my heart still aches when I think about him. :frown:
He was the perfect guy and I don't think I'll ever feel that way about anyone else.

That's exactly the same situation as me!!! :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Been in this position! It honestly makes you feel like ****, and it's so annoying cause I know that on paper the chances of her doing better then me are really ****ing low, not that I'm being spiteful or chauvinistic but I just know who I am in general, and it's in no reflection of who she is.. We had so much in common and we talked all the time but she rejected me when I told her how I felt because she was with someone else (a guy 10 ****ing years older then her...)
Just remember OP you can't wait around for this person to realise how amazing you are, just be yourself and move on.

Yeah, maybe I need to move on... :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by maskofsanity
7 billion people... half of which are the opposite sex.... the large majority of which you will never meet... many of those you do meet will be married, gay, taken, not your type, you're not their type, incompatibile, children, elderly...

Chances are not that high actually. Reminds me of this article.

That article seems silly to me, if that is the case no one would be married. You can potentially meet thousands of people in a year.
Original post by Bratterz_xoxo
That's exactly the same situation as me!!! :frown:

Worst thing is, we're off to the same university in September ... so I might still see him around, probably with other girls. It'll break my heart. :frown: So I probably won't be able to forget about him and move on. Sigh.
Indeed- wanted two guys I can't have and no guy has ever wanted me. Tried everything to get over guy no1- didn't talk to him for years, pretended he didn't exist but nothing worked until I met guy no2 who I thought liked me. Turned out he was just leading me on. But I've never connected with someone as well as guy no2.
Yeah, maybe I need to move on... :frown:

By no means do I mean cut contact with this guy or anything like that, act the way you do now, and just keep in mind that you can do better, and just go from there!
Original post by Idle
That article seems silly to me, if that is the case no one would be married. You can potentially meet thousands of people in a year.

Half of marriages end in divorce, plus many marriages are unhappy or arranged or done for the wrong reasons, etc. The point is that meeting "the one" is a low chance, not just meeting someone who you think is right for you but ultimately is not. I think part of the problem is everyone just has it assumed that they will find someone - "oh there are 7 billion people, it's all good" - but if you actually look at it realistically, the number is much, much smaller.

You can potentially meet millions. It doesn't mean you will. Dating sites were created for a reason...
Reply 70
Nope.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Maid Marian
Worst thing is, we're off to the same university in September ... so I might still see him around, probably with other girls. It'll break my heart. :frown: So I probably won't be able to forget about him and move on. Sigh.

Oh god :frown: you're gonna have to avoid him at all costs! Maybe he won't be around the same parts as you? You never know :smile:
Reply 72
Awwwh! that's sweet :smile: I'm gonna have to think about telling him one day..because I can't keep it all bottled up forever :frown:

It's defiantly worth the risk! It feels a lot better once you get it out, trust me! Even if things don't work out between you both. I do hope things work out for you though, but if it doesn't.. Just remember that you probably weren't mean't for each other, and there's someone out in this world waiting to meet you ^-^
Reply 73
I feel the same. To be honest I am happy with friendship but sometimes that's hard to attain too.

It's awkward when you aim for a 9/10 or 10/10 but decide 7 or 8 is ok but even then you're unlucky!!!

It's even more awkward when (at University) they'll be going home to their home country. If you're unlucky not to be friends with them they can unfriend you which means they don't want to know you!!
Reply 74
Original post by Anonymous
I know the feeling very well! I'm in love with a married man who's 18 years older than me, and I can't seem to move on from him :frown:

It's not Jeremy Forrest is it?
The billions of people out there stat really cheers people up :biggrin:
and its even worse when this person 1) begins dating one of your friends and this friend won't stop talking about him or 2) he comes around right after you move on :/
Reply 77
Original post by maskofsanity
Half of marriages end in divorce, plus many marriages are unhappy or arranged or done for the wrong reasons, etc. The point is that meeting "the one" is a low chance, not just meeting someone who you think is right for you but ultimately is not. I think part of the problem is everyone just has it assumed that they will find someone - "oh there are 7 billion people, it's all good" - but if you actually look at it realistically, the number is much, much smaller.

You can potentially meet millions. It doesn't mean you will. Dating sites were created for a reason...

My point was if someone sits in their bedroom all day and then doesn't find anyone that isn't because there isn't anyone. No one is really on about staying with someone for eternity here it's that it's no where near impossible to go out and find someone you get on with and potentially like.

I'm sure if you got 500 people in a room and made them all talk to each other there would be at-least one that each made some kind of connection with.
This too, shall pass : )
Reply 79
Well, i'm in a ranting mood..so everyone else go ahead and join in! :wink:

I'm so annoyed right now.. it sucks and hurts so much knowing that you're fighting for someone but still, you can't have them. I always feel like i'm not good enough for him in many ways.. it gets me down so much. I feel like there's maybe a little glimmer of hope..that maybe he will like me one day. But it's probably slim to none.. because I think he views me as one of the guys. Friendzones sucks if I knew how to get out of the stupid thing, I would do! It's so hard. I wish I had like some magic dust to make him magically fall in love with me >.< it'd make my life a whole lot easier..

So, there's my rant. You can put yours about wanting someone you can't have.. just let it all out :biggrin:

have you just tried telling him what you feel???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

Latest

Trending

Trending