The Student Room Group

Nooooooooooo!!! ;( UCAS Deadline Card rejected!

I kept trying different passwords for my card and it rejected them when paying for my application, so I rang my card people up and at the same time I tried a different password. Then UCAS said I've exceeded the number of times I can try, contact customer service. But they are shut cos it's Sunday in England ;(

What do I do now?

Am I doomed to go through Clearing now??

:frown:

;(
Have you got a parent/sibling/friend whose card you could use instead?
Reply 2
Original post by brightonlad89
Have you got a parent/sibling/friend whose card you could use instead?

Yes but the website says my attempts to pay by card are blocked :s-smilie:
It'll be unlocked in 24 hours but that's too late, and the phone lines are shut :/
Reply 3
If I do end up in Clearing, do I just pay and send my application tomorrow and then wait for Unis to decide? When do they decide by? If not, when do I send my application? Can I only apply to 1 Uni at a time after 30th June?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
And this is why you shouldn't leave things to the deadline.

You can send your UCAS application tomorrow, but Clearing doesn't actually open til mid July - and only then if you already have your results.

You don't apply to one at a time as such. You contact unis directly to see if they want you, and once you've made your decision you add one choice to your application. So you're contacting many but only officially applying once.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
And this is why you shouldn't leave things to the deadline.

You can send your UCAS application tomorrow, but Clearing doesn't actually open til mid July - and only then if you already have your results.

You don't apply to one at a time as such. You contact unis directly to see if they want you, and once you've made your decision you add one choice to your application. So you're contacting many but only officially applying once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's not so bad - I already have my results, and by mid-July I'll get the current exam results for the Uni course I'm doing. Maybe it's for the best :smile:

Thanks
Reply 6
I think Im going to create a new application and then ring my referee in the morning (since it'll be Monday here) to see if she kindly will attach the reference again. If that doesn't work then I was destined for Clearing anyway :smile:
Original post by PhysicsGal
I think Im going to create a new application and then ring my referee in the morning (since it'll be Monday here) to see if she kindly will attach the reference again. If that doesn't work then I was destined for Clearing anyway :smile:

You can't create another application, you're limited to 1 application per cycle.

Clearing opens on Thursday 4th July.
Reply 8
Original post by Knalchemist
You can't create another application, you're limited to 1 application per cycle.

You can make as many accounts as you like but can only send one.

One year I had about 6 and didn't even intend to apply.
Reply 9
Original post by Knalchemist

Original post by Juno
You can make as many accounts as you like but can only send one.

One year I had about 6 and didn't even intend to apply.

I'm going to go for Clearing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but for what I've read, I can just submit my current application but can't add any of the Uni choices - I just submit it in. And then I ring up Unis and tell them about my application, if they like the sound of it I add them as a choice (1 at a time only)...if they still like it they accept me unconditionally cos I already have my A Level results. If they don't like it, I try again with a different Uni...and keep repeating this until September or until I get an offer?

Also, is it possible to secure an offer in July, and then when it comes to results day, can I ring up other Unis and see if they'll accept me if it turns out alot of the people originally applying there didn't meet conditions? Or can I not cancel any offers once I'm accepted by a Uni unconditionally?

Also Juno: why did you make 6 apps if you didn't want to go?! That's crazy lol
Reply 10
Original post by PhysicsGal

Also Juno: why did you make 6 apps if you didn't want to go?! That's crazy lol

it was back when I actually cared - before tsr was overrun by ungrateful applicants and insufferable knowitalls who are more often wrong. So if an applicant had a question id make an account to see exactly what the question said - it was worth it when people actually appreciated my help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending