The Student Room Group

St George's Student Satisfaction

I'm applying for 2014 entry and after rejection last year I'm looking around to see what all the different unis that I didn't look at last time had to offer. I came across St. Georges and it all seems pretty nice on the website, but I went on unistats and it has a really low student satisfaction; 65% compared to most of the other medical schools that are in the 90s. Just wondering if I'm focussing on this too much or is it really important? Any input would be appreciated :smile:
I've just finished my first year at SGUL and I gotta admit, I've loved it, and as far as I know, the majority of people on my course feel the same :smile: there's issues with every uni about student satisfaction - the main thing about medicine is that as it's final year students who are surveyed, they may not have experienced some of the changes that have been happening in the past 5 years or so (which is quite a long time). George's have started making some really good changes, so perhaps SS is going to change for them over the next few years. But at the moment I'm really happy and wouldn't be anywhere else :biggrin:

Also, just as another thing to think about, in medicine there's a massive difference between clinical years and preclinical - you'll find that in clinics the uni has less of an influence over your teaching, as it depends on what your consultants are like. Some people are lucky and get excellent teaching because their doctors really help them, some not so much. As for George's, preclinical is taught really well, and like I said, it might be a bit different after that.
Also, it's a rather small uni compared to others, so I guess in terms of statistics, each vote has a larger proportion :tongue: my best advice would be to go and visit the uni on an open day and take it from there :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks so much :smile: this has really made it clear , glad to hear you're having such a good time :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending