The Student Room Group

Can someone please explain to me what a Foundation Certificate is?

I'm a student living in Malaysia going to an American school. I've been looking at Foundation Certificates at LSE, Oxford, and UCL, but still remain a bit confused about them. I read that they are the equivalent of UK Year 13. However, I'm going to be in Grade 12 (which is Year 13) does that mean I'm eligible to apply?
Original post by Nerdgirl1996
I'm a student living in Malaysia going to an American school. I've been looking at Foundation Certificates at LSE, Oxford, and UCL, but still remain a bit confused about them. I read that they are the equivalent of UK Year 13. However, I'm going to be in Grade 12 (which is Year 13) does that mean I'm eligible to apply?

Your best bet with courses like this is to contact the unis offering them directly and ask them
a) what entry qualifications you would need and
b) what courses the certificate would then qualify you for
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Your best bet with courses like this is to contact the unis offering them directly and ask them
a) what entry qualifications you would need and
b) what courses the certificate would then qualify you for

I love your profile picture where did you get it?
Original post by Juichiro
I love your profile picture where did you get it?

My avatar (the cubes playing pong) or my profile picture? (the hangglider flying round a cloud)

The avatar I nicked off someone else on a different website - the hangglider picture is of me :biggrin:
Reply 4
Equal to last year of high school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending