The Student Room Group

In love with cute blonde white girl, I'm a freshy.

Scroll to see replies

I just think that you need to ignore the obsession on appearances for now and instead really work on building a strong relationship with the girl. Focus on personality and if she likes that in you then you will both progress into strong relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have a freshy accent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natashaaarr
I just think that you need to ignore the obsession on appearances for now and instead really work on building a strong relationship with the girl. Focus on personality and if she likes that in you then you will both progress into strong relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? It's not going to happen. He can forget it.
Reply 43
You'll never know until you ask her, but I personally don't like your chances.
Reply 44
Hahaha bless you mate. I'm third generation British-Indian, and can tell you quite honestly that how you look does not matter. If you're a chill guy, you'll find that girls are just into you. I'm not the best looking of men, but I'm not that bad either, and I generally do OK. Just as well as the normal guy to be honest. I don't think I am held back by anything. Don't get too hung up on image, but I will give you the advice I gave my brother: it's a sin to not look after yourself! Anyone can look absolutely great, human beings are beautiful things, you've got it so use it. A good hair cut, good sense of style and a well-looked after physique can go a long way. It's not for girls, it's for you. My little brother generally does well with girls, and since he's got his style and physical side of things together, he's in a really strong position. Dude was doing well before and now he's more or less sorted. I believe you deserve it if you work hard for it. Once you've established yourself you'll have no doubts and you won't ask a question like this again.

Also, if it doesn't work out with this girl, don't let it affect you. It's just one girl. You've gotta have a lot of love for women, this way you'll not doubt yourself and fall into having bad attitudes because the foundation of your intentions are decent and respectable.

PEACE X
Just because white girls generally prefer their own type doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try, just focus on improving your social skills by talking to people regularly. Good luck :smile:
Original post by aari
And for those who say 'yeahhh, it's not going to happen' would your answers change if OP was a girl? If you say yes, that's sexist/hypocritical and if you say no, that's kinda racist. Not because attraction is subjective- it is, but the generalisation is what makes it not true.

There are more desperate guys than desperate girls therefore it's easier for a freshy girl to end up with someone. Realistically he doesn't have a chance unless his got the facial aesthetics of a god (and judging by that south-asian fellow he linked and said he resembles him, he doesn't), there's no point giving him false hope. But, you know, there's no point in taking the safe route so he should give it a shot because that's going to give him more chance than not trying at all.
Reply 47
Original post by htc one s
my problem is with the conversations and things like that. i look fine, but the guys she would date are the talkative, witty people with the right things to say i guess, i am not good at that

Well, that is a problem. Of course appearance matters, but it can usually be compensated for (unless a guy is obese or something like that).
You have to improve your social skills and become more outgoing. If you find it stressful to simply participate in conversation with a woman, you won't be able to be charming or turn the conversation flirtatious.
Of course keep in mind that people are different and there is no guarantee that she'll be into you even if you improve your personality.
Reply 48
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
There are more desperate guys than desperate girls therefore it's easier for a freshy girl to end up with someone. Realistically he doesn't have a chance unless his got the facial aesthetics of a god (and judging by that south-asian fellow he linked and said he resembles him, he doesn't), there's no point giving him false hope. But, you know, there's no point in taking the safe route so he should give it a shot because that's going to give him more chance than not trying at all.

True.
OP, go and give it a try. You never know...
Original post by James A
We don't know what the girl he's describing is like. She could be a very easy going person and you could ask her out, OP and see what she says.

I'm basing my argument around the fact that most white girls would not, but that still leaves some that would
want a date with you xD

I don't think you can categorically say that. I have seen a few south asian/white mixes. It depends a lot if the guy is quite white in his behaviour imo.
Reply 50
Go for it OP you might be surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Ayesha1234
Do you have a freshy accent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup
Reply 52
yup

Oh lawd, is it strong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by ZRO
Oh lawd, is it strong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

mishmash of different accents tbh, international school accent is what it has been described as,
Reply 54
but i havent yet met anyone who has had real problems with a freshy accent, why do people make it such a big deal here?
Reply 55
but i havent yet met anyone who has had real problems with a freshy accent, why do people make it such a big deal here?

I don't even know lol. I guess your accent isn't that strong but normally a strong freshy accent brings lols but that can be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Millie228
Well, that is a problem. Of course appearance matters, but it can usually be compensated for (unless a guy is obese or something like that).
You have to improve your social skills and become more outgoing. If you find it stressful to simply participate in conversation with a woman, you won't be able to be charming or turn the conversation flirtatious.
Of course keep in mind that people are different and there is no guarantee that she'll be into you even if you improve your personality.

don't hot girls like the quiet lone wolf types?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
don't hot girls like the quiet lone wolf types?

"Hot girls" are not a particular breed, they're merely girls with more options - they'd have the same preferences if they were less attractive, but they wouldn't be able to choose according to them. Same goes for attractive men.
Confidence is the most important attribute to attract women. In general, opposites do attract each other, so to the same extent that introverted women go for extroverted men, the opposite is also true. However a man can be introverted (getting energy from being alone), but still confident. Still, you have to be social and outgoing enough to communicate your confidence. Unless you can hold a conversation, be flirtatious and funny, have the courage to ask a woman out, your other attributes will go unnoticed.
As for the "lone wolf". I would say, generally, it is not an attractive attribute to women. Being social is a plus, and more importantly it adds to the idea that you are attractive, well-liked and socially trained. Social status has the same effect on women as beauty has on men. While there may be the occasional lone wolf who's admired by many, a lack of friends signalizes that you're someone people have collectively decided is not worth hanging out with, which reflects negatively on you.
why, do white girls find suth asians ugly?

I know you're trolling but not necessarily as per the person below

Original post by Holby_fanatic
I generally like Asians. He does have a lovely jawline though. And nice hair.

I don't know who he is but tomorrow I'm going to properly stalk him. :colone:

Wooh I guess....
Reply 59
Original post by de_monies
I know you're trolling but not necessarily as per the person below

Wooh I guess....

No i am not, but what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending