The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by KitKat123
Conall won't be considered EU but RUK because he's from the North :smile:

Updated :smile:
Not necessarily; as long as you have lived in Ireland in the past for atleast 3 months I think it is!

That feels unfair, stay in Ireland for 3 months and get free tuition in Scotland.
Original post by Medic applicant
That feels unfair, stay in Ireland for 3 months and get free tuition in Scotland.

Ha i know but that's the rules!
no word for anyone yet? Please not another day of the refresh button:frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1784
Best not get started on this...... still feels a bit unfair that Scotland gives free tuition to anyone from the other 27 countries in the EU except England/ Wales/ NI, but I'm sure they love us really :rolleyes:
Original post by gryffindorgal
I haven't heard anything :/ this is so tense...

This is horrible:frown::frown: can i ask your stats if you don't mind?
Original post by Soraia
Best not get started on this...... still feels a bit unfair that Scotland gives free tuition to anyone from the other 27 countries in the EU except England/ Wales/ NI, but I'm sure they love us really :rolleyes:

:lol: Well Scottish students will have to pay £9000 a year if they decide to move over to England. (or Wales/NI).
Original post by Medic applicant

That's not why I qualify but to be perfectly honest it is nobody's business who pays what, I merely put my EU status on tsr for the benefit of applicants who wish to compare who has what offers and from where

Best of luck to everyone's application and I hope all works out for the best
Reply 1788
Not necessarily; as long as you have lived in Ireland in the past for atleast 3 months I think it is!

Nope. People born in the north can apply for both
Original post by micoshea
Nope. People born in the north can apply for both

Don't think so! I'm from the North and as far as I am aware, they changed it last year/the year before to stop people with dual passports (like myself) just using our irish passports to get free uni
Don't think so! I'm from the North and as far as I am aware, they changed it last year/the year before to stop people with dual passports (like myself) just using our irish passports to get free uni

Yes it was changed. The SAAS Website has details of the rules.
Cmon Edinburghhgg
Reply 1792
Hi, I am also still to hear back from Edinburgh. This wait is so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I haven't been checking the thread recently and I'm still waiting - is it true that everyone will hear by the end of the week?? Slightly nervous!
OMG SO SO SO HAPPY FOR US!!!!! I reckon it was my ukcat score tht got me an offer 800 I got!!!!
Original post by DrStrangelove280
OMG SO SO SO HAPPY FOR US!!!!! I reckon it was my ukcat score tht got me an offer 800 I got!!!!

Well done for your offer! And your application must've been great all round - the ukcat is done by bands so whether you have 750 or 900 you get Band 1; so it'll have made no difference! Well done again
This is definitely putting the urgh in Edinburgh

Wow that was a terrible joke but do excuse me I'm sat in biology learning the joys of photosynthesis/obsessively refreshing emails

*back to twiddling thumbs quietly*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer yesterday. Scottish AAAAB ukcat 725 and a band 1, leaps. Total shock but massive good luck to everyone still in the running and hope to meet you all in September
Got an offer!!!! So excited to confirm it!!
Reply 1799
Just got an offer!!! Can't believe it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending