The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by etry
Guys, everyone is starting to receive interviews but I still haven't even received a single email. Not even one saying they've received my application or what-so-ever ):

I didn't get an email saying they got my application either. They'll have more interview dates to come so you'll hear back sooner rather that later :smile:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 361
*Congrats to all who got an interview so far. I'm looking forward to one on the 17th
Reply 362
Hi Guys

I was just wondering with Dissection at the Uni. Couldn't find answers on their site.

How early does this start? and roughly how much per week?(or month?)

Thank you!! :smile::smile:
Original post by o990
Hi Guys

I was just wondering with Dissection at the Uni. Couldn't find answers on their site.

How early does this start? and roughly how much per week?(or month?)

Thank you!! :smile::smile:

We're in the dissection room pretty much from the first week (one 2-hour session a week, but the DR is open for students to use when there's not a class on as well), but you don't start dissecting things yourself until November some time. (:

In fact, you've just reminded me that I've left my dissection coat in my car. I'd better take that out :/
Reply 364
Original post by TattyBoJangles
We're in the dissection room pretty much from the first week (one 2-hour session a week, but the DR is open for students to use when there's not a class on as well), but you don't start dissecting things yourself until November some time. (:

In fact, you've just reminded me that I've left my dissection coat in my car. I'd better take that out :/

:eek: Sounds brilliant! Thanks for the super fast reply!

Just one more question please: So is this 2hr/week pretty much for the rest of the timetable for 1st year? (but of course not every week as i'm sure room would be unavailable at times i.e. during exam periods etc)

I would rep you but it says:
Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
XDXD, I've already repped you recently it seems..
Thanks for your help, we all appreciate it.
Original post by o990
:eek: Sounds brilliant! Thanks for the super fast reply!

Just one more question please: So is this 2hr/week pretty much for the rest of the timetable for 1st year? (but of course not every week as i'm sure room would be unavailable at times i.e. during exam periods etc)

I would rep you but it says:
Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
XDXD, I've already repped you recently it seems..
Thanks for your help, we all appreciate it.

No problem (:

Yeah, it's pretty cool!

I believe so. Looking at next semester's timetable, we have a session in the DR for every week that things are scheduled - so during the exam period there are no taught sessions. But as I said before, you can pop into the DR when it's open.
I haven't suffered had a summer exam season yet, but for our December exams the DR was open pretty much every day and they sent us emails to let us know when demonstrators would be available.
Most of the time the demonstrators weren't about, but the people who run the DR are more than happy to get out models / prosections if you need them for revision!
Reply 366
Original post by TattyBoJangles
No problem (:

Yeah, it's pretty cool!

I believe so. Looking at next semester's timetable, we have a session in the DR for every week that things are scheduled - so during the exam period there are no taught sessions. But as I said before, you can pop into the DR when it's open.
I haven't suffered had a summer exam season yet, but for our December exams the DR was open pretty much every day and they sent us emails to let us know when demonstrators would be available.
Most of the time the demonstrators weren't about, but the people who run the DR are more than happy to get out models / prosections if you need them for revision!

Yeii thanks for the informative answer!! exactly what I was looking for.

I am truly grateful. :smile::smile:
Reply 367
Is it true that all the rejections will be sent in March at the end of the admission process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Is it true that all the rejections will be sent in March at the end of the admission process?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year rejections were handed out earlier (from mid jan), none of those had been interviewed. I think they give out early offers too but majority in March. This is just from last years stalking pages :smile:
Reply 369
Does anyone know how they give out interviews? Really starting to panic now :/
Reply 370
Original post by RadioheadHermie
Last year rejections were handed out earlier (from mid jan), none of those had been interviewed. I think they give out early offers too but majority in March. This is just from last years stalking pages :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
Original post by staple321
Does anyone know how they give out interviews? Really starting to panic now :/

Yeah me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372

Do you have any ideas how they give then out? What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 373
Do you have any ideas how they give then out? What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would love to but unfortunately I don't know. I'm an EU applicant predicted 100/100 in the Italian school leaving certificate, ukcat is 685
Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
Original post by lulib
I would love to but unfortunately I don't know. I'm an EU applicant predicted 100/100 in the Italian school leaving certificate, ukcat is 685
Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay :/ Scottish applicant with AAAAA at higher and AAA predicted at Advanced Higher. 810 ukcat. Really just want to know now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay :/ Scottish applicant with AAAAA at higher and AAA predicted at Advanced Higher. 810 ukcat. Really just want to know now :/Posted from TSR Mobile
You should be okay, I have an interview and my stats aren't anywhere as good as yours.
Reply 376
Okay :/ Scottish applicant with AAAAA at higher and AAA predicted at Advanced Higher. 810 ukcat. Really just want to know now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully we will hear soon. And I also thought that my ps was good.. Now I doubt that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Hopefully we will hear soon. And I also thought that my ps was good.. Now I doubt that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i read somewhere (may have been on TSR) that people who put their UKCAT on UCAS have received the earlier interviews. (this may or may not be st andrews I can't remember). I personally did put it in and have received all my interviews and I'm not that great so would guess perhaps that played a factor. So don't worry. Its usually random anyway
Reply 378
Original post by RadioheadHermie
I think i read somewhere (may have been on TSR) that people who put their UKCAT on UCAS have received the earlier interviews. (this may or may not be st andrews I can't remember). I personally did put it in and have received all my interviews and I'm not that great so would guess perhaps that played a factor. So don't worry. Its usually random anyway

I didn't, probably that's why. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 379
Original post by lulib
I didn't, probably that's why. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I did...and I really considered my application strong enough to get at least an interview but I haven't heard anything yet either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending