The Student Room Group

Royal Mail Christmas Jobs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faisal_R
Can anyone whose done this job before tell me if i need safety shoes when i start? Got an email today which says dress code is casual and if i have safety shoes i should bring them with me, if i dont bring safety shoes will they provide them?

Nah, I did it last year and just wore converse.
Original post by LForrest000
This is so annoying don't want to wear formal clothes ( shirt and tie ) and look stupid but don't want to go in casual clothes ( jeans and shirt ) what to wear for a registration event ???

Please please do not wear a shirt and tie. Last year it was more awkward for the smartly dressed people than for the ones dressed casually in jeans and a tshirt!
hiya....do they pay night shift allowance for christmas casuals?
Original post by kizzz!

do they pay night shift allowance for christmas casuals?
Original post by micron1217
hiya....do they pay night shift allowance for christmas casuals?

You get £1 more per hour so technically yes.
Can anyone whose done this job before tell me if i need safety shoes when i start? Got an email today which says dress code is casual and if i have safety shoes i should bring them with me, if i dont bring safety shoes will they provide them?

Safety shoes will not be required as any moderately heavy lifting will involve bags of letters or parcels so your feet will be safe in most footwear.
Original post by haydospunter
You get £1 more per hour so technically yes.

thank you for answering me.
I got the christmas casual job, in my offer letter it says pay rate is £7 for night shift...So on top of this would they still pay me my night shift allowance as well?
First time going for this work :smile:
Original post by kizzz!

thanks, is it ok to wear jeans or do you have to wear trousers?

I wore jeans and a hoody everyday, as did everyone else. Also, it's likely you will be in a warehouse and it's cold and draughty so you might want a coat too.
Reply 789
Anyone know whether they take in 17 year olds? I got the email for the registration event but I read a few years ago someone went to the event and was turned away for being under 18.
Also can you just work on the weekend or is it Monday-Friday?
Original post by micron1217
thank you for answering me.
I got the christmas casual job, in my offer letter it says pay rate is £7 for night shift...So on top of this would they still pay me my night shift allowance as well?
First time going for this work :smile:

Yes

Jeans is fine.
Original post by Kriterz
Anyone know whether they take in 17 year olds? I got the email for the registration event but I read a few years ago someone went to the event and was turned away for being under 18.

I think they do take on 17 year olds. Had a few in my group last year.
Original post by Kriterz

You have to work Monday to Friday as a minimum.
Reply 794
Original post by haydospunter
You have to work Monday to Friday as a minimum.

Oh ok so basically anyone in school can't do that, on my email it said weekends but I thought it was strange that the registration was during school hours, thanks though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
for those that went to wolverhampton registration centre, did you have to choose everyday of the week to work, or choose the one that suits you. i have got mine on friday. also, are we suppose to photocopy the front and back cover of our passport?
when does the contract start and end please?
sorry have got loads to ask. lastly, do we actually work exactly from 2pm-10pm, or just some of the hours?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by evenda
for those that went to wolverhampton registration centre, did you have to choose everyday of the week to work, or choose the one that suits you. i have got mine on friday. also, are we suppose to photocopy the front and back cover of our passport?
when does the contract start and end please?
sorry have got loads to ask. lastly, do we actually work exactly from 2pm-10pm, or just some of the hours?

Mine registration was at the Aston villa football cub but im sure its more or less the same. At my event they had a paper which had all the shift times on it, and if you want to change from the shift that you originally chose when you applied you just tell them and pick the one you want.

For your passport you just copy the page which has your photo id on it.

Contract ends as in your last day is 23rd December, start date depends on your shift that you choose. And you work the hours that you choose.
Reply 797
This may be a simple question to answer but do i print out the files such as the "Bank Details Form.doc" ectt and fill them in now or will they be given to me when i go in for my interview and have to do it then. Thanks in advance : )
Original post by ItsZeke
This may be a simple question to answer but do i print out the files such as the "Bank Details Form.doc" ectt and fill them in now or will they be given to me when i go in for my interview and have to do it then. Thanks in advance : )

Bank details will need to be printed out twice and completed before you enter the doors for your registration event. The health and safety form should also be printed and completed.
iam on night shift from 22 to 5.30.They pay me £7 per hour.I called christmas helpine to know whether i get night shift allowance,they say a big NO.Thats the pay i get if i work at night shift :frown:
For earlies they pay £6.50 per hour!!!
Is anybody else in this shift ????with the same pay rate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending