The Student Room Group

Nintendo Wii U Society

Scroll to see replies

I remember now. Thank you!
Reply 961
Original post by Jerrysone
WOW! No one has talked here for 2 years except for me! Please, people, come back on this discussion or it is going to be dead!

I am late to the party but I bought a Wii U over a month ago and am happy with my purchase. I'm quite happy playing some older games now which are new to me although Nintendo removing the Miiverse is a bit disappointing. I hardly ever used Miiverse on my 3DS XL but it was used a bit for some Wii U games.

When a new console comes out Nintendo normally stops supporting the older model fairly quickly. The Switch has already outsold Wii U in a year so it doesn't make much sense for them to release games on the Wii U anymore.

Just Dance 2019 is however being released in October 2018 for various systems including the Wii U.

Original post by Jerrysone
I wanted a Wii U because of super smash bros but as it is coming on the Switch I don't need a Wii U.

I don't think every Wii U game is going to be re-released/ported on the Switch especially if that game uses the game pad a lot. I doubt games like Project Zero 5 will make a Switch release although I would be happy to see it. Actually if a game gets to come out on the Switch the price of the Wii U version drops. I've heard that 'Hello Kitty: Kruisers' on the Wii U used to be quite an expensive game to buy but now since there's a Switch version, the Wii U price has dropped. Not that I would buy that game to begin with. :biggrin:

Don't expect this thread to be full of new posts in the future as most people have moved on to other systems. If Just Dance 2020 comes out I'll let you know but from what I've read you don't have a Wii U to begin with.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest