The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Psychology firmers 2013?

Come on, I know you're out there. :biggrin:

What do you think of our timetable (if you've already enrolled)? It doesn't look too bad, except the 9am lecture on the Wednesday. :unimpressed:
Reply 1
me! :smile: I don't think the timetable looks too bad either, I'm so looking forward to only having to get up early one morning a week instead of five!
What college are you applying to?
(also, this is my first ever post on here, go me :tongue:)
University of York
York
Reply 2
Hello :smile: Yeah the timetable looks pretty good, I don't know if it's finished yet as it only has lectures on it though. Quite exciting :tongue: although I'm kind of nervous as well
Reply 3
Original post by Magic fish
me! :smile: I don't think the timetable looks too bad either, I'm so looking forward to only having to get up early one morning a week instead of five!

Hey, thought I'd say hi seeing as we're on the same course :smile: the mornings do look quite good, I've applied for James college, what about you?

Haha, I can see that you're quite the optimist, aren't you? :tongue: Unfortunately, one year of uni with no 9am lectures has made me even more of a 'glass half-empty' person when it comes to early starts. :redface:

I've decided to look for private sector accommodation instead. Have been dragging my feet over it but hope to get it sorted soon.

Original post by Birchtree17
Hello :smile: Yeah the timetable looks pretty good, I don't know if it's finished yet as it only has lectures on it though. Quite exciting :tongue: although I'm kind of nervous as well

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd too.....do we only have lectures and practicals in the first term? Aye, everyone's a bit nervous before starting uni but you'll be so busy with student life and the hecticness of the first week that the nerves will soon disappear!
Reply 5
Original post by Introverted moron
Haha, I can see that you're quite the optimist, aren't you? :tongue: Unfortunately, one year of uni with no 9am lectures has made me even more of a 'glass half-empty' person when it comes to early starts. :redface:

I've decided to look for private sector accommodation instead. Have been dragging my feet over it but hope to get it sorted soon.

Yeah, I thought that was a bit odd too.....do we only have lectures and practicals in the first term? Aye, everyone's a bit nervous before starting uni but you'll be so busy with student life and the hecticness of the first week that the nerves will soon disappear!

Yeah, I think we have classes as well, but I'm not totally sure, it'd be strange with just lectures :tongue: How come you've already done a year of uni? :smile:
Reply 6

Haha, well after working full time all summer in a really boring job, uni has to be better :P I'm also going to be living in private sector accommodation :smile: Have you already been in York for a year then or are you coming from a different uni?

Hey, thought I'd say hi seeing as we're on the same course :smile: the mornings do look quite good, I've applied for James college, what about you?

Hello :smile: I'm actually going to be living off campus but I've joined Vanbrugh, although if I were living on campus i would have been tempted by James as its so close to Psychology :P
Yeah, I think we have classes as well, but I'm not totally sure, it'd be strange with just lectures :tongue: How come you've already done a year of uni? :smile:

Well I did a year of neuroscience before realising that all that biochemistry and physiology wasn't for me, and that I'm not that much of a science-y person.....quite a costly mistake to make :redface: but I don't regret it.

Haha, well after working full time all summer in a really boring job, uni has to be better :P I'm also going to be living in private sector accommodation :smile: Have you already been in York for a year then or are you coming from a different uni?

Hello :smile: I'm actually going to be living off campus but I've joined Vanbrugh, although if I were living on campus i would have been tempted by James as its so close to Psychology :P

See above haha. Have you found somewhere to stay?
Reply 8
Hey, fellow Psychology firmer here :smile: just seen the timetable today, it looks good :smile: also applying to James College since its the closest :tongue: so nervous though!
Reply 9
Hiya, I've got in to do psychology :smile:

Thinking langwith but cant decide if it will be lonely though?
The 3/4 bed are to die for over a single on all other rooms!

Maybe 2nd choice vanburgh idc
such a hard decision!
Reply 10
See above haha. Have you found somewhere to stay?

I've got a place about 10 mins walk from campus which isn't too far :smile: have you managed to find anywhere yet?
Original post by Sadia Ahmed
Hey, fellow Psychology firmer here :smile: just seen the timetable today, it looks good :smile: also applying to James College since its the closest :tongue: so nervous though!

Hello :smile: I've gone for James College too, what kind of room are you thinking of?
Hello :smile: I've gone for James College too, what kind of room are you thinking of?

Ensuite, self-catered :P fingers crossed! I've been logged into the accommodation booking service for the past hour with no luck :frown:
Original post by Sadia Ahmed
Ensuite, self-catered :P fingers crossed! I've been logged into the accommodation booking service for the past hour with no luck :frown:

Sounds good :smile: I already had my grades so mine's all done. I went for premium ensuite but have just realised that the rooms don't have a tv aerial :frown: I'm looking forward to going so much though :biggrin:
I've got a place about 10 mins walk from campus which isn't too far :smile: have you managed to find anywhere yet?

Yeah, finally got it sorted. I found a place near the city centre about 20 - 25 mins walk from the campus which is a little further but I'm the kind of person who likes to walk everywhere within reason. Plus, it's good exercise and I've heard the route to uni is quite scenic. :tongue:

Which college have you chosen to be a member of? Have no idea which to go for as I'm not aware of the differences between them other than distance to the psychology building.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending