The Student Room Group

Nursing 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trishogorm
Got an interview for Bucks university in the next two weeks and i haven't received the info pack about what building ect the interview is in and also the regristration form,should i be worried or will they come?

I think it comes in an email and you have to print out the bits of paper to take with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4821
Original post by fifimas
You apply for the bursary online, google nhsbsa and this will get you to the site to set up your account and apply for the bursary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Log onto nhs boss site, it explains everything on there
Anyone firmed Bedfordshire for Adult nursing???
Original post by lucy-rose
I think it comes in an email and you have to print out the bits of paper to take with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the email yesterday but thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by hanna_h
Camhs told me I should be fine but apparently if my bmi goes below 16 again i'll just get kicked straight off the course :/ I think they're just trying to see if you need any extra support when you get there and stuff like that, thank you though, I hope everything works out for you too :smile: is yours for UoM too?x

Hi, I have only just seen this, but I have some knowledge of this situation from my own experiences. I started a university course back in 2012 and had a relapse (with anorexia) during that time. I was suspended from the course on medical grounds. The course wasn't for me, so I did leave permanently, but had I have chosen to continue, I would have been able to do so with medical permission. Having suffered for 6 years, I was quite surprised when I was accepted into the nursing course starting in 2014. As long as you're not at a high risk, then it is okay and you are right; it is more to do with them preparing themselves to support you. It is best that they know, so they can offer support or referrals during your time with them. If your GP or any other medical professional can supply with evidence which shows your progress/stability, then you will be fine :smile: x
Original post by MeganLouise94
Hi, I have only just seen this, but I have some knowledge of this situation from my own experiences. I started a university course back in 2012 and had a relapse (with anorexia) during that time. I was suspended from the course on medical grounds. The course wasn't for me, so I did leave permanently, but had I have chosen to continue, I would have been able to do so with medical permission. Having suffered for 6 years, I was quite surprised when I was accepted into the nursing course starting in 2014. As long as you're not at a high risk, then it is okay and you are right; it is more to do with them preparing themselves to support you. It is best that they know, so they can offer support or referrals during your time with them. If your GP or any other medical professional can supply with evidence which shows your progress/stability, then you will be fine :smile: x

What if you haven't been to see a GP? Idk what to put on the medical form:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Evelyne_Duncan
What if you haven't been to see a GP? Idk what to put on the medical form:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any treatment now? Or see any other healthcare professionals? They could also supply information to the University if needed. I would be as open as possible on the form; it is in your best interests at the end of the day. It is very easy to relapse at university due to new found freedom etc, but if you give them the details of your condition beforehand then they can offer their counselling services to you. Universities all have a lot of support systems put in place when it comes to eating disorders! It's only if you're at high risk, that you will be suspended from the course on medical grounds. I would advise filling your form out openly, but noting that if necessary, you can get your doctor to confirm the position you're in at present! Hope this helps :smile:
I've just firmed Salford for adult nursing! Feels more real now :smile:
When is the nhs bursary deadline?
Do you have any treatment now? Or see any other healthcare professionals? They could also supply information to the University if needed. I would be as open as possible on the form; it is in your best interests at the end of the day. It is very easy to relapse at university due to new found freedom etc, but if you give them the details of your condition beforehand then they can offer their counselling services to you. Universities all have a lot of support systems put in place when it comes to eating disorders! It's only if you're at high risk, that you will be suspended from the course on medical grounds. I would advise filling your form out openly, but noting that if necessary, you can get your doctor to confirm the position you're in at present! Hope this helps :smile:

No I'm not currently, and thanks that has made me more relieved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:confused:
I am at the difficult point now.

~I have to decide between University of Essex and Anglia Ruskin for Adult Nursing.

Anyone have any experience that could help me to decide.

Essex is more convenient as it would take me 20 mins by train although the timetable shows I would not have any holiday off in the summer with the kids and that is the only opportunity for the whole family to go on holiday as my husband has to have August for his holidays. Placements are 37.5 hours a week start november.

I love Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford although the journey is a bit more awkward as I need to drive and park and ride in not a bad journey but traffic is probably gonna be an issue. Holidays seem slightly more family friendly. The placement hours are 30 hours a week plus 7.5 study time starting in Jan 2015.

Any help or advise would be really appreciated
Original post by SarahP12345
When is the nhs bursary deadline?

At some point in August after results I think it's around the 22nd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's reassuring, I was just a bit worried when I first got the letter, but i'm okay now, especially after reading about your experience :smile: thank you! I'm glad that everythings worked out for you and that you're starting nursing this year again :smile: x
Original post by hanna_h
Ah that's reassuring, I was just a bit worried when I first got the letter, but i'm okay now, especially after reading about your experience :smile: thank you! I'm glad that everythings worked out for you and that you're starting nursing this year again :smile: x

Yeah, I can understand why! You're welcome. Thank you! Good luck with everything..University can be difficult when you have an eating disorder, but it can also be the thing to help you recover too. All the best :smile: x
Hey Everyone haven't been on the forum for a while Has anyone heard back from Edge Hill University for child nursing. I still haven't heard from them x
Has anyone put Manchester as the firm choice for nursing will be nice to speak to some of you i'm doing child nursing :smile: x
Original post by Ellie Dennis
Has anyone put Manchester as the firm choice for nursing will be nice to speak to some of you i'm doing child nursing :smile: x

I have :smile: and there's a few others on here x
Original post by jem1994
I have :smile: and there's a few others on here x

Hiya Jen :smile: what course are you doing and are you staying in student accommodation x
Original post by Ellie Dennis
Hiya Jen :smile: what course are you doing and are you staying in student accommodation x

Im doing child nursing :smile: and no I have a little girl so will be stopping at home x
I've made a group on facebook for anyone starting salford in sept for nursing
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1503818519845905 .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending